• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

National Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day

We are 3-4 generations out from what happened at Pearl Harbor.---
This day is not about starting the fight back up again.
This day of reflection is for the families of those that lived and died on that day.

Funny, I sensed a little Nip in the air today.

Reminds me of a story.
I was stationed at Pearl for the 50th anniversary. Me and 3 other Marines were bar hopping in Honolulu on a Saturday afternoon. A group of about 15 Japanese tourists approached us and the lead guy who spoke a little English said "Excuse me, where is USS Arizona?"

We were about 5 or 6 beers in and I couldn't resist. I looked at him and said "Right where you left it 50 years ago."

Fortunately he didn't speak English that well and it went a mile over his head. We then gave them directions on how to find the memorial.

We had a good chuckle about it though.

As I told my youngest son today, they attacked us and we nuked them. I would say we're even.

Never forget.
Oh man....that made me laugh out loud!! In a way, it's not funny but in another way, it's so freaking funny.....and the nukes ended it!!

Also, no one in my family that I know of were there....

Especially when imbibed!!!!!

My father-in-law was there at Hickam. He took a round through the shoulder as he and two others were running to man a machine gun near a hangar. The other two were killed. He survived, and was in the hospital for eight months before he was medically separated in late 1942. He died in 1997.

life1.jpg

My father was a Seabee in the Admiralty Islands north of New Guinea.
Guys like this. He didn't tell war stories.
life2.jpg

life4.jpg

Somewhere I have a picture of him and 3 other guys doing a hula line dance in grass skirts.
And I have that very grass skirt he brought home in 1946.
He did tell stories about some things like a cobbled together pontoon boat like a Florida swamp boat.... With major HP.

My father was on the aircraft carrier Yorktown. He was in the Navy in San Diego when the japs hit pearl.

He collected many items during the war. So much stuff in his war chest, many authentic Navy photos and memorabilia.

I built a website about it, interesting stuff, have a look: http://www.carrieryorktown.com/

My father was on the aircraft carrier Yorktown. He was in the Navy in San Diego when the japs hit pearl.

He collected many items during the war. So much stuff in his war chest, many authentic Navy photos and memorabilia.

I built a website about it, interesting stuff, have a look: http://www.carrieryorktown.com/
Very cool indeed MT.

I checked out your Yorktown site and left you a comment. Very nicely done!

Hell yeah! Kaeperprick is nothing more than a turd compared to the men and women at that speech!

I came to asile five and found nothing to block my trek to my triskits. But I saw a possiable slip and fall deal going on. And as I gathered from the woman in the electric cart. The slip and fall lawyers were all promply notified and will make their living as they do.:)
I am just left to wonder what that yellow puddle on the floor is all about.:realcrazy:

Auto Transport Service
Back