• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

decode a 67 fender tag for me , please

gtx6970

Local time
2:11 AM
Reaction score
Just wanting to verify some things

And I cant find my GG books

20220311_132707.jpg

Nice car, per the tag.
67 Coronet 500 383 4bbl automatic, 26 " radiator, bucket seats console, red with white and black interior. Fender mounted turn signal indicators, A/C, and AM radio. 3.23 open rear gears. There are some codes I cannot remember off the top of my head. Build date October 14th 1966.

Yup. Gives decent results. Not perfect. Misses some, but it also hasn't been updated in a long time.

CAR: Dodge Coronet 500 2 Door Hardtop
ENGINE: 383cid 4-bbl HP V8
TRANSMISSION: 3-Speed Automatic
TIRES: 7.75 x 14 WSW
MODEL YEAR: 1967
BUILD DATE: October 14.
AXLE: 3.23 Rear Axle Ratio
INTERIOR: Premium Trim Grade, Vinyl Bucket Seats. White on Black Interior.
PAINT: Bright Red (Dodge, Plymouth), Scorch Red (Chrysler), Flame (Imperial).
OTHER: Black (Dodge, Plymouth), Formal Black (Chrysler, Imperial) Upper Door Frame Color.

MOLDINGS:
15: Unknown Option

ABC OPTIONS:
A1: 26in Radiator
E1: Cleaner Air Package
R1: AM Radio
S1: Air Conditioning
X1: Tinted Glass (all)
Y7: White Vinyl Top

abc OPTIONS:
a5: Center Front Seat
b4: Bucket Seats
h7: Fender or Hood Mounted Turn Signal Indicators

I couldn't distinguish between a 5 and a 6 under the a on the top left of tag 5=buddy seat 6=console. Thanks

Thanks all, It has the buddy seat. which is a plus to me over the console .

E1 ....any chance its a CA car ??????

Which would be wild. I bought it in CA. ,,,that guy bought it from a dealer in Rhode Island, in 2013
Dealer guy bought it in Mississippi . When is unknown
No idea of any of location prior to there

009.jpg

Thanks all, It has the buddy seat. which is a plus to me over the console .

E1 ....any chance its a CA car ??????

Which would be wild. I bought it in CA. ,,,that guy bought it from a dealer in Rhode Island, in 2013
Dealer guy bought it in Mississippi . When is unknown
No idea of any of location prior to there

View attachment 1257467
Yes, it's a good chance it was originally destined for CA. E1 is for the "CAP" clean air, closed ventilation system.

Yes, it's a good chance it was originally destined for CA. E1 is for the "CAP" clean air, closed ventilation system.

Thats interesting .

I bought it in Bakersfield., CA, last month . That owner bought it from a dealer in Providence Rhode Island approx 2006 or so ,,,, said dealer bought it in Mississippi shortly before then . The car still has some MS decals on it .

Now its in southern AZ . Appears to be well traveled and yet only shows 61k miles on the odometer. And I dont think its 161k

Thats interesting .

I bought it in Bakersfield., CA, last month . That owner bought it from a dealer in Providence Rhode Island approx 2006 or so ,,,, said dealer bought it in Mississippi shortly before then . The car still has some MS decals on it .

Now its in southern AZ . Appears to be well traveled and yet only shows 61k miles on the odometer. And I dont think its 161k
CAP stand for, "Clean Air Package". It eliminated the downdraft tube in favor of a closed ventilation system. I believe it it was only on CA cars in '67 and became standard in all States in '68.

Auto Transport Service
Back