• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Degreasers

Cornpatch MO

Local time
2:56 PM
Reaction score
Looking for a most affective spray on degreaser for caked on grease that doesn't harm wiring or aluminum. Some kinds of oven cleaner is too harsh. Scraping off grease first would be a problem. What have you used that you like? Thanks for a reply. .........................MO

Lestoil. Mixed 50/50 with warm water. Spray on. Let soak. Rinse off with water. Repeat.

Diesel fuel then soap and water once the crud is scraped / brushed off.

My number one degreaser is the Purple Stuff , Walmart has it in the 2 1/2 gallon jugs. It is water soluble , so, spray it on, scrub with a brush if needed and rinse off with the water hose. It will not kill the grass. I try to keep it off my hands as it WILL pull the oil out of your skin.

Recommendation from a person is to run a hose from your water heater to your pressure washer? Anyone on here tried that??

That would be simple enough to do if that is desired. No doubt, hot water is a big plus in cutting grease. The top line industrial pressure washers have gas or electric heating units to cook up the water temps. Hot water costs more than cold....how much do you want to spend.....

That would be simple enough to do if that is desired. No doubt, hot water is a big plus in cutting grease. The top line industrial pressure washers have gas or electric heating units to cook up the water temps. Hot water costs more than cold....how much do you want to spend.....
Yeah, its going to be rough paying 2 or 3 bucks more in my electric bill this month

I gotta agree.Read about this stuff on here before. Really cleans a greasey BBQ grille too !

I also agree on Totally Awesome, but don’t use full strength on painted surfaces. Like Simple Green, dilute it first.

I haven't used it yet, but I found alot of recommendations for the name brand " Autozone" degreaser... Reviews said it smells good and it will not evaporate quickly so it works pretty good.. for $4 a can it works as well as the stuff thats double in price.....

Looking for a most affective spray on degreaser for caked on grease that doesn't harm wiring or aluminum. Some kinds of oven cleaner is too harsh. Scraping off grease first would be a problem. What have you used that you like? Thanks for a reply. .........................MO
Since you mentioned aluminum...

Screenshot_20220507-080339~2.png
Screenshot_20220507-080359~2.png

https://simplegreen.com/faqs/

Auto Transport Service
Back