• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DePouli's 1969 Charger 318

Wow Brian,
You just needed to get your car back. Your kicking it in gear. Looks great!

Xmas party last night made for slow start this AM:lol:

Got the radiator in and the fan shroud and managed not to punch a hole in the core, always a bonus.

IMG_20181209_104200.jpg
IMG_20181209_104210.jpg

Last edited:
Also apparently I missed remembered damaging the trans cooling lines when I dismantled the car cause they're perfect (stainless 15 year old repros) so cleaning them up to go back on and then do the drivers side exhaust hopefully.

Trans cooling lines are in, not sure I like the clearance to the swaybar, but doesn't seem to make sense to mount different. Opinions?

IMG_20181209_114800.jpg
IMG_20181209_114806.jpg

Took a break to watch the Panthers find a new way to lose.

Then hit the front brakes. Basically just checked and cleaned the wheel cylinders and attached the brake hose and put it all back together. Now to the rears.

IMG_20181209_172611.jpg

Rears went ok, but then I noticed the bleeder was snapped off this cylinder.

IMG_20181209_194837.jpg

That's my sign to call it a night...

Coming along nicely. I bet you'll be on the road by late spring!

Had a 2 barrel and 4 barrel air cleaner mergered together so I have that 318 look with a 4 barrel hidden below.
IMG_20181210_210737.jpg

The shop painted both but the lid had too many dents so I'm redoing it. Got most of them out, a little glazing putty should get the rest.
IMG_20181210_210751.jpg

Bought another T3 hi lo for a matched set.
IMG_20181210_212622.jpg

Also installed the spring and latch. My release lever and catch seems to be missing but pretty sure the paint shop has them.
IMG_20181210_212557.jpg

Been working a little here and there between traveling for work and kids soccer. Bought an "exact fit" wheel cylinder from Advance Auto Parts. It was like 15 bucks and in stock so figured what hell no one can see it. Put it on and could even get the mounting bolts to go in. Finally realized the WC coming off the car had 5/16-18 holes and the new one had 1/4-20. SO...since my hardware looked factory I got the drill and made the holes bigger and tapped them. The car is now back on all fours. I did buy some DOT 5 silicone brake fluid too, but haven't filled or bled the system.

Been sanding on the air cleaner lid and put a coat of black on it tonight. It is MUCH better, still a few little things but I've gone as far as my skill level will take me.

Photos tomorrow I left my phone in the house today.

Goal for the weekend is wiring and as much under hood assembly as I can do or run out of parts.

So struggling a bit with the wiring, but more of my own doing than anything. I thought I had all the wiring harness. But I bought them many years ago and never opened them until now. Seems I'm missing a few easy ones (front lights and wipers) and a few not so easy ones to purchase.

I do have the engine harness installed along with the AC/heat and the rear body harness.

I am still working on the trans neutral stops switch harness and the tach harness.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back