• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DePouli's 1969 Charger 318

Everything is fixable and not installed...Imagine if that line was installed and you pressurized the system.....

Reproduction parts flat out suck.......

Small hiccups and they suck but they happen with any restoration.....
Yup not my first resto so not the first time I've had days like this and I don't give up easy...but I'm still mad...

JB weld didn't work, already came apart
I detailed this in my thread......They were originally peened....

Here is the link and what to use...

https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/mopa...gtx-restoration.127388/page-20#post-910677096

Not to be arrogant but Anthony created the restoration tool link on the first page in my thread for everyone. You have got to start looking at that for some of your items and how to install before jumping right in.....I did that thread because I have made many of your mistakes, multiple times.....

I do use that quite a bit. Then there are times I assume I know what I'm doing. You know how it goes when you assume.

I do use that quite a bit. Then there are times I assume I know what I'm doing. You know how it goes when you assume.
Don't let the vent window frame beat you down....its fixable and you loose some time but you have plenty of others things to tackle.....

Don't let the vent window frame beat you down....its fixable and you loose some time but you have plenty of others things to tackle.....

Already have a plan...your Paul's Chrome comment (in your thread) got me thinking.

Last edited:
I can see days like these make you more determined to get things done right. Your persistent and you will figure things out. Your experience is also helping us learn from your mistakes.
Thanks for sharing them.

So though I haven't posted much but have a few things going here and there.

Worked on the seats today. The driver's side seat bottom got new vinyl the rest of the covers are the stuff I installed 23 years ago. I didn't install the seat cover this time around and simply took it to my upholstery guy this time. I got new repro headrests and the bezels too. The driver's seat has new hinge covers but the passenger side is the OEM ones re-dyed.
IMG_20190316_164037.jpg

I stopped by the shop Thursday and took some photos. Hopefully repainted next week. They are going to blend the couple areas they needed to work on and then reclear the whole car. Then cut and buff.

IMG_20190314_131928.jpg
IMG_20190314_131920.jpg
IMG_20190314_131918.jpg
IMG_20190314_131611.jpg

So my goal to complete the car was tomorrow. March 17th... Exactly 50 years after the production date. Interestingly the MSO shows the transaction date as the 14th.
2019-03-16 16.51.37.jpg

But the broadcast sheet shows 3/17.

2019-03-16 16.53.00.jpg

Either way deadline missed, so...

And not sure why my photos are upside down

I bought the car some time in June of 1996. I know it was around my best friend's birthday of the 11th, maybe the 18th, but while I have some photos I dont know the exact date. I guess that's my new goal.

Worst case I know the car was sold to the first owner August 27, 1969 so I definitely should be able to hit that date.

I also assembled the front bumper and mount brackets a few weeks back and have been messing with the console and have that about ready to go back in.
2019-03-16 17.01.03.jpg

2019-03-16 17.00.32.jpg

Waiting on a few last backordered parts, my stainless to be polished and the wheel covers back from restoration, but otherwise ready to assemble with all in hand.

Got the tires mounted too.
2019-03-16 17.01.53.jpg

You're making great progress. Looks like your just about ready to move all of the interior back in.

Doing good & never say never! Keep it going.

Only missing a few back ordered repro parts. I know others on here thinks some of the repro stuff is garbage and some certainly is, but compared to the availability of repro parts for my 30s Buick's I love that u can pretty much buy the whole car out of a catalog...makes the restoration much less challenging.

Only missing a few back ordered repro parts. I know others on here thinks some of the repro stuff is garbage and some certainly is, but compared to the availability of repro parts for my 30s Buick's I love that u can pretty much buy the whole car out of a catalog...makes the restoration much less challenging.

Reproduction parts are ok if you pick and choose. Certain parts need to be OEM but not all.

Well the car is back home again in Indiana...I mean NC, been in Indy a bunch this week and it is May ...

Gonna try and get a bit done today but kids have some stuff and May in Charlotte has some on track activities too, especially tonight, so tomorrow will really crank on it.

For now anyone know a source or even just have a photo of the clip that is supposed to be here in this photo to hold down the AC lines on the rad support.
IMG_20190518_095333.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back