• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Did not know these fender turn signals were being reproduced.

Different vendors. Factory ones did not have that plate.

Those plates are factory and on every NOS set I have and every original set I have.

RR hood signal_LI.jpg

I bought that paintable set a few months ago but havent mounted them yet.
They are nearly identical to the original units I have mounted on the hood of my 72 Runner. The lights and wiring of my originals were missing so these seem correct, or close enough. The connectors seem correct as I found my original bullet type connectors bundled up on the firewall.

View attachment 528795 View attachment 528796
Tommyg29 you should have those factory plates under those signals. The wiring should not just screw into the lens as you have shown...

Tommyg29 you should have those factory plates under those signals. The wiring should not just screw into the lens as you have shown...
My originals dont have that egg shaped plate and I cant tell if they ever did because the underhood has been repainted at least once, but looking at the new set it seems that plate is what holds the bulb up inside the lens.
My fender tag has the L31 code for hood/fender mounted signals and Im pretty sure its the original hood.
Keep in mind that mine are in the hood but I think they are identical to the fender mounted units, although Mopar did make quite a few different types for different years and models.

it seems the ones with the plate require 3 holes on fender &/or hood, and the ones without, uses two holes ? thats a pretty much good signal to check on an untouched fender &/or hood with or without them

My originals dont have that egg shaped plate and I cant tell if they ever did because the underhood has been repainted at least once, but looking at the new set it seems that plate is what holds the bulb up inside the lens.
My fender tag has the L31 code for hood/fender mounted signals and Im pretty sure its the original hood.
Keep in mind that mine are in the hood but I think they are identical to the fender mounted units, although Mopar did make quite a few different types for different years and models.

Yes they should be as you are correct it's what holds the bulb up inside the lens. Here are pics of an original hood with turn signals showing the original plates. There is also a foam gasket on the other side of the plate.

IMG_8845.JPG IMG_8846.JPG

it seems the ones with the plate require 3 holes on fender &/or hood, and the ones without, uses two holes ? thats a pretty much good signal to check on an untouched fender &/or hood with or without them

Yes from factory those chrome signals shown are 71-2 Dodge B-body(and others) and the painted style shown are 71-2 Plymouth B-body(and others).

Does the gasket go above or below the hood?

There are 3 gaskets. Not the best pics but there is a paper gasket goes under the turn signal housing/cover stays on topside. Then the gasket is on the top of the "plate" and goes up. Then there is a white circle foam gasket around the wiring on bottom of plate to prevent corrosion at socket/bulb connection...

IMG_8847.JPG IMG_8848.JPG

There are 3 gaskets. Not the best pics but there is a paper gasket goes under the turn signal housing/cover stays on topside. Then the gasket is on the top of the "plate" and goes up. Then there is a white circle foam gasket around the wiring on bottom of plate to prevent corrosion at socket/bulb connection...

View attachment 535211 View attachment 535212
Thank you

I just pulled a set off of the fenders on a 72 Satellite Custom (4 door)... 2 hole, no plate.

The hood of my 71 Road Runner project car has 3 holes for hood mounted signals.

I just pulled a set off of the fenders on a 72 Satellite Custom (4 door)... 2 hole, no plate.

The hood of my 71 Road Runner project car has 3 holes for hood mounted signals.

That is because 4 door Plymouth B-body used a different turn signal than two door Plymouth. 4 door Plymouth used the ones that were used on 71-2 Charger.

it seems the diff application is then the hood or fender location

No. It's the same turn signal whether it is on the hood or the fender on 71-2 Plymouth B-body 2 door.

I just installed my new set yesterday and there are no bulbs in them!
What bulbs do they take?

330 as far I recall. Don't get it from ebay unless you wanna pay 500% to 1000% ( or more ) more than its price. Get them from any regular local shop or if the web, bulbtown is a good option

Thanks.
Ticks me off that for $185 I dont get two 50 cent bulbs with them

Wow That's cheap should come with them... Anyway just so you know what the 330 bulbs look like taken from Brad's nos...

bulbs.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back