• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Did you ever regret selling your mopar?

I really never regretted selling a car until much later,
usually I was selling to get something else or needed money...

I do now regret a bunch of the cars I had sold, most all the Chargers I've had 12 68-70's

Most all the RR's I'm currently on #13 68-70 RR's,
my last 68 RR went to a buddy, I kind of wish I didn't need to sell it at the time,
but I needed the money to make payroll & pay taxes, business was slow,
had all my funds tied up...
But I had the current 68 RR in my garage too, so it didn't hurt so bad,
it seems I keep doing that same build over & over again...LOL

My Mom had a few of my cars 2 Chargers & a RR & my step Dads cars hauled off,
after telling us she's tired of the clutter,
to thin the herd "or else" & not being able to park in the driveway...

I got most all of my stuff back, had a bunch of racecar parts in the trunks of 2 of the cars,
that she had hauled off, thousands of $$$ worth of trans missing stuff too
{I'm sure she didn't know about}
My step dad had his 64 GTO & a 35 Ford P-U hauled off too,
we were both pissed, as you can well imagine,
but I at least headed Mom's warnings after that,
I left her a spot near the house "always" after that...
{that was a fight "of all fights" between my parents, fortunately we got most all of the stuff back}

I really mostly regret getting rid of my 49 Ford, My 23 altered,
a 68 Sport Satty 383 4 speed my parents bought new &
especially my 1st car, a 68 Charger R/T probably the most thou...
Any of the 26 racecars I've built...

not sure why I get tired of my cars & why I end up selling them,
then usually regretting it afterwards...

such is life

Attachments

• Budnicks 69 RR 440 str-6bbl #1.jpg
    Budnicks 69 RR 440 str-6bbl #1.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 207
  • Budnicks 23 T Ford Altered Crower Inj. #1.jpg
    Budnicks 23 T Ford Altered Crower Inj. #1.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 209
  • Budnicks 49 Ford Business Coupe Pro-Gas #4.jpg
    Budnicks 49 Ford Business Coupe Pro-Gas #4.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 215
Had to sell my first car when I got drafted. It was a 66 Belvedere II with a mild 383 and auto. It came with a 318 poly and at 90k miles it needed head work so threw the money at a 383 instead. It was 4 dr but man, had a lot of fun with it and more so once the 383 was in. And regretted selling many other cars over the years too.....

YelloBelvedere.jpg

Oh Yea! Back in the mid 70s I had a '65 Belvedere post car that originally had a /6 -3 speed in it. We found a 383 Magnum engine and Tflite out of an almost new totaled out SuperBee and swapped it in. I painted the car metallic gunmetal gray and installed a new factory interior. The car looked showroom and ran awesome. Then I got a family and the gas crunch hit and I panicked and sold it. Big mistake. I think about that car and wish I still owned it to this day, But the 64 Bel that I bought about 8 years ago helps take the edge off. I'll try to find a decent picture of my old 65 and post it.

Yes to the question.
But what I regret even more is not having a decent camera and taking loads more pics of the cars I once owned. :3gears:

Thats about as bad as selling them,, Back then not thinking about the future with at least pictures of them all, again though, back then the oldest but most true saying is they were just cars to us... sucks as bad as the thought of selling them.

pictures never ever thought about taking them back then was to busy ,I`ll have to look around might have some that I had taken with the old Polaroid swinger way back then them little tiny B/W `s that you have to put that tube of coating on to make them last :eusa_think: I think they where like 2x3 inches

I regret selling every mopar I have ever had the pleasure of owning but my top few are:

1965 Plymouth Satellite factory 383 4 speed 3.91 gear car. I was broke and in high school..it needed work but I drove it anyway.

1966 Dodge Charger my first charger I ever owned of my own (dad had plenty) I bought it off my parents with not motor/trans after they bought it off some guy minus drivetrain. I put a 72 440 in it and then sold it to MEEP MEEP,(alex) neighbor who was also a schoolmate.

1967 Dodge Charger 383 A/C car. Red on red. Sold it on Moparts. Guy threw a fit because the shippers lost the title. No big deal to me but sure was to him. I gave him a bill of sale, never heard from him. He claimed he could do nothing with the car without the title. I should have just gave his money back and had him ship it back to me but hindsight is what it is.

1966 Belvedere II I sold it on Moparts. Fellow allegedely made a hemi clone out of it.

1957 sport fury sold it, regret it.

Yes to the question.
But what I regret even more is not having a decent camera and taking loads more pics of the cars I once owned. :3gears:

exactly, :iamwithstupid:
all I had was a POS Polaroid, never was really a camera guy, still not
& don't have hardly any pitchers of most all of my old cars...
that I really regret...

oh yeah I suck as a photographer too,
I was usually in the car too, when the photos would be taken...

I had a '69 Dart Custom from new that I sold in 2007. It was an LH23, 4-speed, 318, 8-3/4 with the 3.23 ratio, fast manual steering, rally suspension, and power disc brakes. It was all original except for a SS 340 exhaust system and a dual point distributor from a 273 HP. I had a customer at my store who wanted to buy it for years, and I needed the room. It was in a let's say # 2.5 condition, was garaged since it was 4 years old, and had 101K miles on it. I also had maintenance records from when the car was brand new. It still ran and drove like new with no squeaks or rattles.

What I really should have kept was a '66 Ford Galaxie 7-Litre convertible with a 427 4-speed that I had before the Dart. At the same time, my father had a '68 Hurst/Olds, one of only 18 made that year with factory AC. Both would be big $ cars today.

Kind of regret selling my 68 Charger.

Bought it in January 1991. $1000 cash. I remember sitting with the seller and my Dad as Desert Storm started on the TV. I was still in high school and had no real plans for the car but to drive it. It was a factory HP 383 car, non matching 383 in it, 727 tf, 3.91posi rear. The original color was silver with black vinyl top and black interior. The new color when I bought it was General Lee orange.

Holley double pumper and a big cam made it a cold blooded beast and starting an adventure in N Ky during the winter. Car leaked like a sieve, windshield, heater box, trunk you name it. In winter I was usually greeted with frozen carpet and ice on the inside of the windshield. Floor was well rotted as you could imagine.

But once it was running, it was an absolute beast to drive and I would forget what terrible shape it was in. Would make great piles of smoke when I hammered it and the secondaries kicking in gave me goosebumps. I wrenched on it, recovered the seats, collected missing small parts and had fun working on it. Even painted on my own r/t tail stripe.

Finally sold it to get something a little more refined. I did get $3000 out of it and the new owner drove off and I never did see it again. Sometimes I have dreams about it, driving around or working on it again. I wake up with a smile thinking I still have it until the sleep cobwebs clear and I realize that it was just a dream.

I had a 62 Dart 330 when I was in High school.(1967) I put a 1964 426 4 speed in it and had lots of fun. When I got back from the Army it was gone. Don't go to war, they think your not coming back I guess.

Nope, I always wind up becoming bored with my cars before I sell them. I realistically think it's because I am a '71-'72 road runner guy, I have only ever been sad when I sold my '71 road runner. I was not sad when I sold my 'cuda, or the dart sport, or the '70 runner. I can realistically I have no regrets, I can always buy another car

yes I miss about 8 of them. a 67 barracuda hard top, a 70 charger. a 65 satellite, a 70 challenger, a 48 dodge 4 dr, custom sedan and my 66 dodge 200 pick up with a super power giant 315 hemi @ 40+ years of MOPARS and I'm working on my 65 satellite and a 70 super bee right now

yes I regret it @ 8 times 40+ years of MOPAR 1st a ,67 barracuda hard top, 70 charger,65 satellite a 70 challenger r/t, and a 48 dodge 4 dr. custom sedan and a 66 dodge 200 pick up with a315 super power giant hemi in it I'm now working on a 65 ply satellite 2 dr. hard top and a 70 super bee #'s matching 383/4 spd. car to me it's MOPAR or no car

When I started college, my Dad suggested that I get a more economical car. I was driving a 66 Plymouth Satellite that I foolishly traded in for a Ford Pinto. This was one of my dumber moves in life and I still regret doing it. About 40 years later after I retired I bought myself another 66 Satty, but this time a convertible, at least I won't be able to trade it in for a Pinto this time.

Just this one traded it in on an SRT8 Challenger and found out I'm just not a new car kind of guy100_0006.jpg

Yes, sold a good, solid E Body with a wicked T/A blocked 340.
Seeing what the prices went to afterwards and what it would now cost to replace it.
I do regret selling it, somewhat.
But I'm more happy with my Road Runner anyway. Didn't really like not having a trunk in the E body. It was finicky.
And E Bodies have become cliché.

Everyone but the last one. The one I wish I had back was a 71 Duster 340 4spd so I could pass it on to my grandson in a few years

Quite a few and not just Mopars, a 70 Roadrunner 383 4 speed but mostly a 70 Charger r/t 440 six pack 4 speed Dana car that looked exactly like Oldtimer's car in the fist post (same color but I had crager ss rims), I sold it to fund my GTX resto and that one isn't going anywhere soon.
I too wish I had pics of those days but I guess it didn't seem important at the time.

Auto Transport Service
Back