• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Differences between 1966 B and Hemi Engine Wire Harnesses

sam dupont

Local time
3:29 AM
Reaction score
They are basically the same motor, but have different engine harnesses. I have new Hemi harness that I would like to use on my B Block motor. I don't mind hiding or adding a wire.

It worked fine on mine. I have a hemi 66 with a 440 in it. Just a little long. I tried to find a pic but couldn't on my phone because the pics are smaller than a postage stamp. Stupid phone. Just look at my build thread for the 66 Belvedere II.

66 Hemi Bbody cars have the wiring for the starter relay and battery cables mounted on a plate ontop of the drivers side inner fender verses next to the master cylinder like a standard B engine harness is.

Sell the Hemi harness and buy the correct one. The Hemi harness sells for $235US and also has three wires in you won't need and the starter solenoid wiring is the wrong lengths to work with a firewall relay.
1966plysathp2pta 092.jpg

1966plysathp2pta 094.jpg

Yup: Thiis is a 66 Hemi, note the fenderwell mounted relays.

DSC00083.JPG

I've been buying harnesses modified for electronic ignition and electronic voltage regulator.
Just plop it in and change the alternator and ECU and everything looks like the 70's and works nicely.

(I do check everything individually just in case it's pinned wrong at the bulkhead or something odd)

Which harness are you talking about ?

A hemi engine harness is 2 piece. They are split and have a white block connector on the pass side valve cover.

It will work, just fine. biggest difference is the coil location

Auto Transport Service
Back