• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dim lights, poor ground

Barrie

Local time
5:01 AM
Reaction score
I have a 1971 Dodge Charger. All lights are dim, inside and outside of the car. I have checked the ground on the rad support and have grounded the engine to the frame, and put a ground from the trunk floor to the frame at the back. No luck..still dim.
The VIN is only 13 letters/ numbers long. It should be 17, so I can't get any info to decode.
The dash says it's a 500. Other than a correct VIN to decode, how do I know if it is a 500? Someone could have changed the dash!
The hood insert says it's a 440 Magnun. What's the difference between a 440 and a 440 Magnum.
Thank you

Dim running, or not running. Makes a difference on the old beast.

Welcome to the madness.. you can't be too far from me! VIN #'s are NOT 17 digits long in 1971.

440 Magnum is Dodge's version of the 440HP. Plymouth would be a Super Commando.

This post should also be in the tech section or general forum, not in the website suggestion section if a mod could kindly move it..THanks... @toolmanmike @kiwigtx

Auto Transport Service
Back