• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disc brake conversion questions

0DegreeEngineer

Local time
8:27 AM
Reaction score
I have a 69 GTX and was thinking about converting my front power drum to front power disc, I currently have a 14" rim up front and a 15" in rear, I am hoping to keep the front 14" rim, is there a front disc conversion that will work inside a 14" wheel? I am having a tough time finding that information. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated
DSC_0762.jpg

Dr. Diff has a kit that allows 14" rims to be used.......i believe.

Not that I'm aware of. Most conversions will require a 15" rim

The FMJ bodies like some of the later Fury's, Diplomats, Lebarons, Aspens, Volares, Miradas and 80 and newer Cordobas have the 10.87 rotors and should work with "most" 14 wheels, you might have to mock it up to make certain the calipers clear your wheels. If you get the 11.75 rotor setup off of the 79 and older b bodies and 79-81 R bodies they will only fit 15 inch wheels.

Stock A body disc brake spindles with 10.97” rotors should work fin. This is the style that most conversion kits are based on.

FMJ spindles (or knuckles asKern likes to call them :) ) do have slightly different geometry but will work I guess. A body ones are the prefered choice, Yes dr.diff has all this.

Look up Leed Brakes they guarantee their kit will fit, looks oe also

Auto Transport Service
Back