• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

distributor and ballast

I know what color all of the wires are. What I was saying is the wiring diagram should have the wire colors labeled on it for those that not aware.

Like a road map with unnamed streets. Almost Useless.

The secondary resistor you noted, was eliminated BY A CIRCUIT RE-DESIGN, AND NOT MOVED TO THE ECU INTERIOR and several of the sensing circuit's (dwell or coil's charging time base network) increased to accomodate. Perhaps you should consider learning about how the internal components operate b4 offering an invalid opinion. GROUNDING IS FUNDAMENTAL AND HAS BEEN REITERATED HUNDREDS OF TIMES prior to this point.
BOB RENTON
Keyboard tuff guy much?!

Pretty sure he emphasized the word to make it clear that it was eliminated by a circuit redesign. You are looking for problems that do not exist.

THANK YOU.....I APPRECIATE THE HELP.....I've disassembled both the origional and present day ECU's...there is a significant difference in both components used and the circuit design. One of the most important revisions was the switching transistor on the outside of the case; it was changed to a power Darlington transistor, similar to an IGBT (Insulated Gate Bi-polar Transistor) device, with internal transient supression and an accelerator diode built in.
BOB RENTON

I know what color all of the wires are. What I was saying is the wiring diagram should have the wire colors labeled on it for those that not aware.

Like a road map with unnamed streets. Almost Useless.
Here ya go I edited the first few with my crayons.

ignition_system_4pin-jpg.jpg
ignition_system_5pin-jpg.jpg
mopar_electronic_ignition_diagram-jpg.jpg

Well, I have opened several ECUs and everyone is way diff from the other, and one diff I found is some get a ballast resistor attached to the PCB on 4 pins, which 5 pins don't have. Of course that requires a new redesing of the system. That's too obvious.

Also diff found between olders and laters with diff components.

But won't discuss about this because is true I'M NOT electronic tech... and NEVER said I was.

Keyboard tuff guy much?!

Pretty sure he emphasized the word to make it clear that it was eliminated by a circuit redesign. You are looking for problems that do not exist.

The problem is not the emphasys on the word, but the next phrase which was not necessary to be posted (tipically from him on reiterated posts replying me, that's where the problem does exist ), hence the post made by diesel_lv I guess.

It was enough with the correction I think. There is no need for the rest.

Last edited:
The problem is not the emphasys on the word, but the next phrase which was not necessary to be posted (tipically from him on reiterated posts replying me, that's where the problem does exist ), hence the post made by diesel_lv I guess.

It was enough with the correction I think. There is no need for the rest.
I think you 2 should have a b-body brawl then.. Last one standing gets both cars. :)

I meant Diesel and Bob... I know I said you 2 in the post.
I've never struck an old man. I was raised to watch my tone and not speak arrogantly as some take offense and will strike. When I was younger, I got a good beat down for speaking that way.

I've never struck an old man. I was raised to watch my tone and not speak arrogantly as some take offense and will strike. When I was younger, I got a good beat down for speaking that way.
I was kidding to lighten the mood..

Geez guys, get over yourselves. You both need a hormone shot.

I meant, being somehow arrogant, offensive or disrespectful on my replies "buddy", I never did, do or will.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back