• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Distributor Propblem?

Not without locking the advance plate down. The vac advance keeps it positioned. I would say no on that. Can you change the nippe and shims? Easy really then slap it back on and you are good.

Learn something new every day - I didn’t think they could be rebuilt. If you remove it you need to Jerry rig something to stabilize the advance plate as the vacuum can arm positions it even when it’s plugged off.

I have a guy that still does it just for me he is in hi high 80's and has all the equipment to do them. I told him I would buy it from him but no go on that.

I have had customers buy high dollar NOS vac advances that the rubber dried out on. No returns on that at all. I just get all the DP ones rebuilt usually. Hard to find good NOS anymore.

On my way to resolving this problem. For years I thought this was a fuel and/or intake leak problem until I read a post from another member with the same issue. Thanks for all the input.

Auto Transport Service
Back