• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Do I have the right harmonic balancer ? Thanks

I have several 360LA motors and they all have the blue one in your picture. The other one looks like a 400 balancer. It is not one for a 5.9. I have a few of those and they are not like that one.

View attachment 1172802
That’s the validation and answer I needed

ordering it first thing in the morning

Not sure how you added weight to the "Flywheel". Usually they are drilled or have cast in weight for the imbalance required. I had a '74 360 that used the balancer on the right (black one), and I vaguely remember it saying 360 cast crank only on it. Personally, I would NOT spend money on an old worn out balancer. PowerBond's balancer for your application is PB1108N for the OEM version, PB1108ST for the Street version, and PB1108SS for the purty SFI Race version

Not sure how you added weight to the "Flywheel". Usually they are drilled or have cast in weight for the imbalance required. I had a '74 360 that used the balancer on the right (black one), and I vaguely remember it saying 360 cast crank only on it. Personally, I would NOT spend money on an old worn out balancer. PowerBond's balancer for your application is PB1108N for the OEM version, PB1108ST for the Street version, and PB1108SS for the purty SFI Race version
The manual flywheel has a weights with two screws you can add it to, I got that from 440 source and brewers sells the weight

I don’t want to spend more money on this engine because I can tell it was badly slapped together and I’m waiting for it to give out and replace it with a Gen 3 392 hemi. They are minimum for now will work, if I buy a new 300 dollar harmonic balancer for an engine I’ll probably core in about 6 months

Thanks but 170 for an engine thats I plan to use for 6 months to a year max ?

Umm, I posted that because they have pics you can zoom in on to see actual parts so you can match it up. Care less if buy a new one...lol

Auto Transport Service
Back