• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Check the balance of your flywheels

You guys are bringing up a good point about the pressure plate as well. I am running a McLeod dual disc setup, so that is more bulky than a standard unit. The guys have my motor and flywheel balanced already. The shop is 2.5 hours from me, so I am not making a special trip for the clutch stuff. I'll have to bolt it together and throw it back on my wheel balancer with my fingers crossed when I have everything back home.

I have a kit Cobra that I built about 15 years ago and I had Keith Craft Engines build up a stroked 428 motor for it. I gave him my flywheel and clutch to balance at the same time with the engine. And even with that 4.25” stroke, it’s the smoothest reving engine I have.

You guys are bringing up a good point about the pressure plate as well. I am running a McLeod dual disc setup, so that is more bulky than a standard unit. The guys have my motor and flywheel balanced already. The shop is 2.5 hours from me, so I am not making a special trip for the clutch stuff. I'll have to bolt it together and throw it back on my wheel balancer with my fingers crossed when I have everything back home.
When I had a Street Twin in my car the floater, pressure plate, and flywheel were all balanced and marked with Dykem from McLeod so you always assembled them the same way.
Gus

Auto Transport Service
Back