• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Do they repo this cable?

Baller

Local time
3:13 AM
Reaction score
Hey guys. Just about to reupholster the last two items for my interior-the front seat backs-and I noticed that the cables that act on the seat lock lever don't move enough to disengage the lock to allow the seatback to lean forward. I messed with one cable by repositioning the brackets and clipping the end, but there appears to be way too much slop in the other one that I could 'adjust' out. I'm sure that others have had this problem and if anyone knows of a solution or alternative, it would be appreciated. I checked the usual sources and only found this one on eBay:

Untitled.jpg

The seat is a split bench with the center armrest for a 1970 GTX.

Thanks

Push come to shove you could tie a knot in it between the bracket and the hold down. That'll shorten it up for sure.

Hard to tell, solid or wrapped type of cable? If its a wrapped type maybe a bicycle cable in similiar diameter would work? If its solid type maybe converting a heater control cable would do the trick. just some ideas..

Last edited:
Its a spring steel cable wrapped with a metal jacket that looks like a spring. I don't think that I have enough slack to tie a knot in it.

I do not believe that cable is being re-made.
do a search at salvage yards.
There has to be thousands of them out there....

Auto Transport Service
Back