• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Do you pressure wash your engine?

Never had a problem pressure washing an
engine. I've had my Jeep muddy enough
you couldn't tell what color is was. I cover
the electronics/air cleaner with shopping
bags.
Start the engine as quickly as possible after
washing to heat things up to help evaporate
some of the water.

My ol’ 440 is a little grisly and I’ve been thinking about just pressure washing it at the local car wash. There’s oil and gunk all over and mouse turds sitting on the valley pan. I’ve only had my charger for a couple years and have never washed it (but yes I still clean it) and the only thing I’ve done under the hood is shine the air cleaner and valve covers.
What are your thoughts on washing engines?

View attachment 1239339
yes i do

A 50/50 mix of Lestoil and water sprayed on the engine and allowed to soak for 10-15 min. works great as well. Then just hose off with the garden hose. I use this all the time on my Charger and old F-150. My Jeep CRD's I pressure wash.

I get some cheap foaming oven cleaner, spray it down, let it sit for a bit, light rinse followed with a wipe down, and your good.

I get some cheap foaming oven cleaner, spray it down, let it sit for a bit, light rinse followed with a wipe down, and your good.
Yep I’ve heard that oven cleaner works better than name brand automotive degreasers.

Been washing mine for over 40 years. Spray everything but the dizzy and alt with Super Clean and spray it off with warm water at the car wash that doesn't have real pressure.

Here's a quick tip to clean under the hood of a newer car with all of the plastic in the engine compartment. Give everything a light spray of Bleche-Wite tire cleaner and let it set for just a minute and wash it off with a little pressure water and it will look like brand new when done. We lived on a gravel road for several years and when it came to trade off the wifes 99 LHS we detailed the whole car and it looked like new again.

Check this stuff out at Dollar General, like $1 a gal. or there abouts.
It's the only thing that will take window tint adhesive of glass without scrapping too...

awesome-products-all-purpose-large2-570x708.jpg

I do when needed but at home as my preference is a cold engine.

I stay away from spraying electrical directly. Spray with diluted degreaser, let sit, pressure wash, then dry with leaf blower.

Wait a few hours before starting. (JMO)

low pressure washer, ( 1500 psi )Simple Green, connected to your water heater you will be amazed. I was the frist time Been doing it ever since.

Auto Transport Service
Back