• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does Anyone have opinion on this

Hi Danf_fl, Everyone that has posted an opinion have posted very good points and illustrations.
These kits that are offered by companies like vintage air and alike do have all of the items that are needed to complete an AC system install.

I was on a tight budget and so I tried to assemble a system for less and did. If you are not on a budget, it is easier and less complicated to just get the kit.

If you are interested in piecing a kit together, I can give you help if you ask for it, otherwise good luck.

Azmoparboy

View attachment 721918 View attachment 721919
I prefer piecing it together, otherwise your stuck with what you get. Kits are generally put together with one thing in mind "how can we make this a bolt in kit" which isn't necessarily a neat clean installation.

I was looking at piecing, but I am missing so many parts and I have enough vacuum problems with my cam that adding vacuum control may not be in my best interest.

I was looking at piecing, but I am missing so many parts and I have enough vacuum problems with my cam that adding vacuum control may not be in my best interest.
I was referring to piecing together your own kit, I bought just the evaporator and controls from Vintage Air then pieced together the rest from Summit.

I was referring to piecing together your own kit, I bought just the evaporator and controls from Vintage Air then pieced together the rest from Summit.
Exactly...I bought my Vintage Air system - Evaporator, pressure switch, filter, first condenser and duct with outlets. Then I went to Bouchillon for the brackets, pulleys and compressor - to make sure the compressor would work with the brackets. I then on-sold the first condenser as it restricted the small amount of airflow that my truck radiator gets...in favour of the under-body condenser complete with it's own fan and shroud.

It's not too difficult to piece together the parts, once you know what you need.

Auto Transport Service
Back