• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does anyone know this 69 Road Runner?

Like the color but like the rest the tail stripe is ugly. Take that off then its ok.

Looks like a Counting Cars build to me. They always ruin their builds with their stank on it with some goofy stripe or graphics.

For sale at a dealer in San Ramon California. I am going to call the dealer and find out more about it. Whats going on with that rear Bumble bee stripe?

Beautifully Restored 1968 Plymouth Road Runner Hardtop Powered by a 440! 440 CID. Engine. 727 Torqueflite Transmission. Holley Dual Feed 4bbl Carburetor. Edelbrock Aluminum Intake Manifold. Mopar Performance Finned Aluminum Valve Covers. MSD Distributor with Electronic Ignition. Electric Cooling Fans. Dual Exhaust. Power Steering. Power Front Disc Brakes. Bucket Seats with Center Jump Seat/Arm Rest. Factory AM Radio. Auxiliary Gauges and Tachometer. Blackout Hood Trim. Rear Bumble Bee Stripe. 15 Inch Chrome Magnum 500 Wheels.
Let's call it a 69 roadrunner with many parts added that were not available in 1968........
View attachment 1235469
View attachment 1235477
View attachment 1235478
For sale at a dealer in San Ramon California. I am going to call the dealer and find out more about it. Whats going on with that rear Bumble bee stripe?

Beautifully Restored 1968 Plymouth Road Runner Hardtop Powered by a 440! 440 CID. Engine. 727 Torqueflite Transmission. Holley Dual Feed 4bbl Carburetor. Edelbrock Aluminum Intake Manifold. Mopar Performance Finned Aluminum Valve Covers. MSD Distributor with Electronic Ignition. Electric Cooling Fans. Dual Exhaust. Power Steering. Power Front Disc Brakes. Bucket Seats with Center Jump Seat/Arm Rest. Factory AM Radio. Auxiliary Gauges and Tachometer. Blackout Hood Trim. Rear Bumble Bee Stripe. 15 Inch Chrome Magnum 500 Wheels.

View attachment 1235469
View attachment 1235477
View attachment 1235478
w

It’s on eBay
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/234403926199?hash=item36939010b7:g:318AAOSwG-Jh-o89

And I also don’t like this car. Auto on the column ruins most for me unless it a 6 cylinder valiant.
Couldn't agree more. That's why I did this.
IMG_9309.JPG

Yet you never see a Pontiac screaming chicken on the hood of a Camaro or Chebbie stereo stripes on a GS or a Goat. Why is it that the MoPar crowd are the only ones that don't seem to understand the separation between their own brands? Freakin' annoying...
I saw them on a couple of high-dollar Jeeps recently, sell...

Bandit edition BS

Lots of stuff not OE about it

it's a day 2 car, not in bad shape
aside from the mixing of brands & nothing factory anymore

they aren't a dime a dozen anymore

it's a dealer too, they get their 10%-25% off the sale too

I saw a few cars there a couple of years ago,
that weren't too bad,
a Dart GTS 383 4 speed
& another Dart GSS 440 real clean
& a really nice Demon
a really nice Camaro 68 396 RS vert... :poke:
most of the sales people are a-typical used car salesman
aside from the hight pressure sales part,
some nice cars to look at

I still have not made a call to the dealer. It is a column shift car, that is what is turning me off on it. The rest of the day 2 stuff is no big deal for me. I do not want another garage queen car with a perfect paint job. They are not fun, do nothing for me anymore. I like to drive and enjoy, make it the way I would have wanted it 45 years ago. Bang gears and roast tires, childish in my aging years? You bet!

Funny how many Dodge-inspired rump stripes you see on Plymouths. It's like they think that just because it's a MoPar you can cross-pollinate all that you want. Yet you never see a Pontiac screaming chicken on the hood of a Camaro or Chebbie stereo stripes on a GS or a Goat. Why is it that the MoPar crowd are the only ones that don't seem to understand the separation between their own brands? Freakin' annoying...
Actually... we do. Example, we know whats a six-pack vs. six-barrel, etc. Most times it's GM types, or just plain numbskulls that do these stupid things to these cars. All other issues aside, I'd be totally freakin' EMBARRASSED to drive that car in public with that idiot stripe.

Actually... we do.
If you had written "some of us do" I would be in complete agreement with your comment.

I think some of you commenting on my comment (incorrectly) interpreted my observation as some kind of general indictment of the MoPar community. It was not. As in every community there are informed members and not-so-informed members. But the number of Plymouths with rump stripes that I have seen over the years blows the mind...so to think that only chebbie guys do this to our beloved Plymouths prompts a suggestion of a perhaps few less hits on the old peace pipe... :D

Looks like a Counting Cars build to me.
The worst was when Danny was looking at a Duster that clearly said Plymouth right on it and he kept calling it a Dodge.
A guy that is a car "Expert". He musta watched too much of Al Bundy..

Lots of stuff not OE about it

it's a day 2 car, not in bad shape
aside from the mixing of brands & nothing factory anymore

they aren't a dime a dozen anymore

it's a dealer too, they get their 10%-25% off the sale too

I saw a few cars there a couple of years ago,
that weren't too bad,
a Dart GTS 383 4 speed
& another Dart GSS 440 real clean
& a really nice Demon
a really nice Camaro 68 396 RS vert... :poke:
most of the sales people are a-typical used car salesman
aside from the hight pressure sales part,
some nice cars to look at
What's a day 2 car ? Never heard that description before.

If you had written "some of us do" I would be in complete agreement with your comment.

I think some of you commenting on my comment (incorrectly) interpreted my observation as some kind of general indictment of the MoPar community. It was not. As in every community there are informed members and not-so-informed members. But the number of Plymouths with rump stripes that I have seen over the years blows the mind...so to think that only chebbie guys do this to our beloved Plymouths prompts a suggestion of a perhaps few less hits on the old peace pipe... :D
I think it's because you noted "the mopar crowd are the only ones".. it does appear as an indictment of the "whole". Sure, there are some not as "well-informed"... as there are in any segment. I believe "most of us do". Whaddya think ?

I think it's because you noted "the mopar crowd are the only ones".. it does appear as an indictment of the "whole". Sure, there are some not as "well-informed"... as there are in any segment. I believe "most of us do". Whaddya think ?
I would have to agree with "most". :thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back