• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does it really matter if its a clone?

Stock: maintained to factor specifications. No alterations.

To clone: to take a bit of one car and multiple that part to create a exact duplicate of the car. Can not be done in the car world. Would need to end up with 2 cars.

Hi-brid: adding to an existing new characters to make it preform better.
Most of us have one of these.

Transsexual: to change an identity not associated with to one more proferable or fitting to ones feelings.
To me this is a rebranded car. One that doesn't want to be associated to its original gender.

Does it REALLY matter if it's a clone?????

25591938_2169570573061455_4891150503091342478_n-jpg.552907

Thanks Auggie
As long as THIS and transexual are not in the same sentence:BangHead:

Me personally....I would build a clone over doing a restoration any day of the week....build it the way you want and have fun with it!

As far as purchasing, as long as the person selling it is up front and honest about it and not trying to scam, I would look at it.....but I would be checking out different sites to see what the factory cars are selling for and make my choice then!

This has been a long post, but there are a bunch of guys here with both original muscle cars and non muscle cars. They(like me) make no effort to show their cars, or discuss them with anyone.We usually don't clone cars, or express any Interest in presenting our cars as anything other than what they are. At the same time we also don't care if anyone else does clone their cars
into something they weren't originally made to be. Life is too short, have fun with whatever one does with their car.The hobby is quite large, and there is plenty of room for all the multiple opinions as to how their cars are restored/modified.
Whatever a person chooses to do with their car, do not misrepresent what was done. Honesty is the best policy.(especially when you sell it)

IMO, if you are going to DRIVE it, WORK on it and ENJOY it ? I don't think it makes a hill 'O beans difference Clone or Original, and in fact I believe under those circumstances a guy may be BETTER OFF with a clone ?
That said,
it does seem to matter at sale time regarding price ? because I believe there is a Buyer segment, that perceive a degree of value to 'authenticity' in relation to their expenditure.

Yes and no. Yes if you have a real one . No if you don't

Auto Transport Service
Back