• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does SIZE really matter?

B392Hemi

Local time
3:31 PM
Reaction score
I purchased 4 new U Bolts for the rear. I inadvertantly ordered 7/16" x 7" rather than 1/2" x 7" as equipped.

The company will not accept returns on U Bolts...? Not sure why, but that's their policy.

Should I bite the bullet and order the 1/2" U Bolts, or would the smaller, 7/16" do the job. Not a race car, street driven.

Thanks

I'd bite the bullet and go with the 1/2". The 7/16" would probably work, but do you want to deal with the downside if they don't ? You're running a hemi right ?

7/16

Yep, running a Hemi engine. I dropped the outfit a note about a return, not a major investment on my end, but I figured no harm to foul, might as well ask.

I have to agree, a few extra bucks isn't a major deal, just upsets me I wasn't more careful in measuring the damn things.....:(

Order the 1/2 inch, would not want to see what would happen if the 7/16 did not hold the rearend in place. That would not be a good site and to see a grown man cry.

Found a set of new 1/2" U bolts on ebay. A lot of sites want 40, 50 bucks for a set. I found these for less than $20 which included shipping. Love that EBAY!

Found a set of new 1/2" U bolts on ebay. A lot of sites want 40, 50 bucks for a set. I found these for less than $20 which included shipping. Love that EBAY!

I heard there's a set of 7/16" U bolts on there now for cheap. :grin:

Auto Transport Service
Back