• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Don's 1969 Charger Restoration

Nice work Don. How much more metal work do you have left?

Nice work Don. How much more metal work do you have left?
Thanks Joel,
The plan is to get all the panels on the car (temporarily screwed) so I can get all the gaps set. Then start welding everything in, working from the back to the front. So after the fenders, the doors, hood, and trunk lid all need to get looked at, but I don't expect any trouble from them.
Any suggestions?

Thanks Joel,
The plan is to get all the panels on the car (temporarily screwed) so I can get all the gaps set. Then start welding everything in, working from the back to the front. So after the fenders, the doors, hood, and trunk lid all need to get looked at, but I don't expect any trouble from them.
Any suggestions?
O yeah, and the floors, ALL of them

Ok next area to fix on these fenders is the front nose.
Stay tuned.......

So what I have is one fender with the nose a bit to blunt (passenger side)
P4010008.JPG

And the other (driver side) that is just a mess and needs a lot of work (surprise surprise)
P4290037.JPG

Looks like hammer and dolly work in your future....

Hi SGT, you are right it was NO fun! (I did this almost 6 months ago and am just now getting this thread updated!)

I had already removed the headlight bucket support
P2110043.JPG

and because I want NO rust, I went ahead and removed the inner antenna support
P4280029.JPG

P4280030.JPG

and wheel well brace. These will get blasted and repaired if needed

P4280034.JPG

P4280035.JPG

My God.... I just saw this thread for the first time today... I’m beyond amazed at the time and effort you have put into this project, and documenting it so well. I just spent the last hour bouncing through your build, anxious to see what the next page, and next year held! I can only assume you’re retired, or single, as the time you have in this project is staggering.
Was this particular car something with an emotional attachment to you... like a close relative owned it, or it was your first car? Also, what’s the history of the car, and original driveline? Regardless, it’s going to be amazing when it’s done! Great job on both the car, and the documentation!

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Don you are an inspiration! Keep up the good work.

My God.... I just saw this thread for the first time today... I’m beyond amazed at the time and effort you have put into this project, and documenting it so well. I just spent the last hour bouncing through your build, anxious to see what the next page, and next year held! I can only assume you’re retired, or single, as the time you have in this project is staggering.
Was this particular car something with an emotional attachment to you... like a close relative owned it, or it was your first car? Also, what’s the history of the car, and original driveline? Regardless, it’s going to be amazing when it’s done! Great job on both the car, and the documentation!
Hi Cruzin, It's funny that a few years back when I discovered this forum and all the different builds. I was exactly like you. I kept reading and rereading and couldn't wait for more!
No I am not retired or single. Nor have I EVER restored a car before this. Sorry to disappoint you but there is no emotional attachment to the car. (purchased off craigslist) I have the original drive train 383 auto, but I will be putting a 4 speed in it.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Don you are an inspiration! Keep up the good work.
Thanks BigBlock,
My hope for this thread is that I might inspire someone else to get out there and save one of these AWESOME mopars.

Auto Transport Service
Back