• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Don't know if this is a scam or not

RJS

Local time
4:43 AM
Reaction score
I have a want ad and was contacted by a guy that isn't a member saying text so and so at this #. I don't text so I asked for an email and he gave me "[email protected]" I am a bunch of emails in with this guy and he said a price and wanted ZELLE which I don't use. Then PP friends and family. I emailed back I'll pay the extra $5 to make the total $170 for said piece but I still can't get a FBBO member name from him or his PP address to pay. He told me how at 63 years old he should be trusted. I am 63 too and told him that's why I asked for what I did. The first guy that contacted me has since erased his Pm to me so I lost that Phone # that was in that message. So far crickets so I either hurt a real person's feelings or saved myself $170 loss.

Just responded saying his name is fk5dave but can only accept friends and family or a check Does anyone know him?????
Ron

Last edited:
Fran look at my update on bottom of my post.
Ron

just-walk-away (1).jpg

Reeks of scam!
Scam 101: "I haven't got it, but a buddy has exactly what you want. Contact him ....."
@RJS, Don't walk away, RUN!!!

Guy can't take the p/p with protection for you if you pay 4% extra walk away. You only pay $7 extra .

Scam

100%

at 63, you both should know better.

I thought it was 3% so I offered him $5 extra making the total $170 for the deal.
I'll live without this nonsense in my life.
Ron

This is how it all started I guess I have to change my preferences:

Danie06 started a new conversation with you at For B Bodies Only Classic Mopar Forum.

1972 Satellite Sebring Plus side trim piece

Please do not reply to this message. You must visit the forum to reply.
This message was sent to you because your preferences are set to receive email when a new conversation message is received. Stop receiving these emails.​

I have a want ad and was contacted by a guy that isn't a member saying text so and so at this #. I don't text so I asked for an email and he gave me "[email protected]" I am a bunch of emails in with this guy and he said a price and wanted ZELLE which I don't use. Then PP friends and family. I emailed back I'll pay the extra $5 to make the total $170 for said piece but I still can't get a FBBO member name from him or his PP address to pay. He told me how at 63 years old he should be trusted. I am 63 too and told him that's why I asked for what I did. The first guy that contacted me has since erased his Pm to me so I lost that Phone # that was in that message. So far crickets so I either hurt a real person's feelings or saved myself $170 loss.

Just responded saying his name is fk5dave but can only accept friends and family or a check Does anyone know him?????
Ron

The moderators always say to contact them by using the “report” tab on the bottom left.

I agree with others, it’s a scam.

Ron
If he is a genuine member, he should respond throught the Private Message system here to establish contact.

Even if you have dealt with the person before, it is good practice to do this - emails can get hacked easily.

This all sounds like a Scam to me. Do not send money, and do not send any replies to the emails.

If this is genuine, then @fk5dave will respond to this message and tell us if he was involved.

Ron
Good idea to shy away from him.....

Tell him your wife found out and "won't let you".

If anyone knew me, they'd know I was BSing (except oddly my wife's brother) 'cause she could care less.

...but I've used that to get away from a scam car deal after I realized what was going on- without pissing them off so they retaliated or tried to, 'cause sometimes they do.

Ron

he was almost certainly a scammer and has been banned -- in the future, just contact me or a mod about this, or click the REEPORT link on the conversation post.

Ive posted a few want adds and for the most part all been good. But when they come from new people with only a few posts

Or then they want me to email them at so and so to finalize the deal.

trust your gut. If it smells funny, its usually not good

I usually do and so far,,,,,so good .

Ps, what exactly are your looking for ???
Got an OEM pt number

Auto Transport Service
Back