• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Don't You Hate It When This Happens?

65Bel

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:29 AM
Reaction score
Starting this thread as a place for everyone to share their pics and stories of those "Wish I'd never got out of bed" days:

Bad Day 5.jpg

P.S. Not my Durango or pic.

Last edited:
I was installing an oil pan last Thursday. I was using a 1/4 inch extension as a screwdriver and the oily thing slipped. It hit me square on a front tooth, going CLUNK! It hurt, but wasn't broken off. Had it x-rayed yesterday as it still hurt. No cracks could be seen, so fingers crossed, but it's still sore.

Was going to sell the car as is, then thought: If it's an easy fix, then fix it.

Last edited:
65Bel, My brother drove tow truck for awhile. Had to pick up a car that got hit head on by a horse.
Looked allot like your photo. He said it pealed the roof open like a can opener.

Had a Buddy that hit a cow at 5am one foggy morning on the way to work. Came through the windshield and was in his and passengers lap. He said his passenger was freaking out saying he was hurt bad and could feel his guts coming out only to find out the cow crapped all over him after coming through the windshield :lol:

When I managed a body shop, we had a car come in that nailed Bambi. I asked the owner if Fish and Game had gotten ahold of them for hunting out of season and without a license. Gave me a mortified look until they realized I was pulling their leg. But their insurance carrier, Allied/Nationwide, wanted proof that they hit the critter. Was giving me flack because all that I could find on the car, besides mangled car body/blood stains, was fur. What a buffoon!

Was sitting at a stop sign on Ft Eustis Va on a sunny warm day, headed for lunch from Attack Chopper training, with three other soldiers in the car. Suddenly a deer crashes out of the scrub brush to my left about 50 feet away. We all turned our heads and watched as it ran straight at the car and crashed into my driver door head first. WTF? There was not another car in sight, we were stopped and there was no other woods or anything but bare ground in every direction. I still don get it. lol. Caved in the door skin.

I hope that wasn't Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer?
Rudolph the red nosed reindeer, dead, at 53.
While flying over Barcelona today Rudolph was hit by a flock of seagulls, and a 747. Witnesses say ...... the reindeer in Spain was hit mainly by the plane.

I borrowed my friend Dougs little Nissan Hardbody pickup one night. Was ripping all over chirping gears and what not. Came out of a small town and was headed back home and decided to drive like a human. Going down the road I see 2 green dots glowing in the road ahead. I slow down and the headlights finally show its a deer. So I slow down the deer was going from left to right when my headlights hit him he decided to go back left. So when I see him turn tail and go the other way I give it the gas and would you believe the little bastard turned right back around and jumped right in front of me. I hit him at about 55 or so.

Then I was like oh crap how am I going to explain this to Doug. I decided to grab the deer and pull him into the truck and show Doug what I hit. But in the same process I remember people telling me that deer can get back up and gore you.. So I put the truck in reverse and ran his *** over and put it in forward and ran his *** over again. Then I got out and grabbed him by the antlers and struggled to pull his 200 or so pound *** into the truck. The whole time I could hear him gurgling from his throat. Keep in mind I have never hunted and never killed an animal at this point. So I was about to puke. I finally get the deer into the truck and walk around to look at the damage. which was hood,grill,bumper and headlight on the passenger side.

On the way to Dougs house I go down the country road that went to his house I see 8 or so red dots in the road. I slowed waaaay down and creeped up on it.. It was about 4 or 5 cows in the road. I am sure glad I slowed way the hell down. THose guys would have killed me. So I wake Doug up and tell him what happened.. He said andI quote "**** happens" I was like he took that a well. Spent a few months helping him crush cars to help repay for the parts that were damaged. I end up taking that deer to my buddys house and his step dad gets up at 3am and starts gutting this deer in his underwear. He strung the deer up on the front of his tractor and was going at it. He said after all of the damage in the wreck there was only a spot about the size of a half dollar of damaged meat. Ended up getting some kick *** deer jerky and sausage out of that deer. Also this is the first time I ever had deer.

It's hard for me to imagine that much damage from a relatively small looking deer. But then, we don't have deer running around much, this close to L.A., so I don't have a lot of reference.

The problem with the damn deer is their instinct to jump in the air when they sense the immediate closeness and danger of the vehicle. I've seen them standing still on the shoulder of the road here in Illinois, as well as Missouri, and just as a vehicle is about to pass them they startle and dart in front of it. Have also learned that if you see one deer run across the road in front of you, slow down because often there are one, two or more coming behind it. When one of them comes running out of a field of tall corn there's no time to react, it's just WHAM in a split second.

I think it was Ron White who said;"If you could put headlights on a bullet, a deer would jump in front of it!"
:lol:

Auto Transport Service
Back