• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Door and Trunk Hinge Lubricant

Great story above.
@QuickBpBp see photos for your new lube for hinges.

yes WD 40 only lasts a short time, especially outdoors.

spray lithium grease coagulates and gets hard as a rock.

A friend just stopped by with his classic car and the door hinges were squeaking, he said he just lubed them but it didn’t work. I asked if I could spray them, Go for it! so the tri flow stopped all the squeaks, he was happy. His wife made sure to get the name of the product.

I worked at a car dealership. One of the requirements was to lube the door hinges with spray white lithium grease every time the car comes in for anything. What a friggen mess. Good idea, bad execution. I went round and round with those A holes until a customer with a new car went off about the mess on his door hinges. So we got to switch away from that crap.

C35065B0-D5E1-4A44-8BA2-B1505E95181C.jpeg

EB8321E0-2CFB-43EC-BCFB-B2B8E88334C2.jpeg

Great story above.
@QuickBpBp see photos for your new lube for hinges.

yes WD 40 only lasts a short time, especially outdoors.

spray lithium grease coagulates and gets hard as a rock.

A friend just stopped by with his classic car and the door hinges were squeaking, he said he just lubed them but it didn’t work. I asked if I could spray them, Go for it! so the tri flow stopped all the squeaks, he was happy. His wife made sure to get the name of the product.

I worked at a car dealership. One of the requirements was to lube the door hinges with spray white lithium grease every time the car comes in for anything. What a friggen mess. Good idea, bad execution. I went round and round with those A holes until a customer with a new car went off about the mess on his door hinges. So we got to switch away from that crap.

View attachment 1518572

View attachment 1518573
I will try this stuff cause exactly what you stated is why I would switch back n forth… It does stops the squeaks but not the way I wanted it to… White grease gets hard and the WD dissolves it. I only did it cause that’s is what the dealership was using when it was new and only lasts a 3-5 months.. Thanks again.

Liquidfix - 4oz dropper and 1/2oz needle applicator (refillable). $13.99
It’s thin, but has silenced every squeaky creaky. Reapply every couple months to hood hinges, door locks, deck lid hinges, the 385 lube points on the drop top. It’s frequent preventative maint., but I get eyes on things and areas that I normally would not.

LiquidFix Door, Lock, and Hinge Lubricant | 4 oz Dropper + 0.5 oz Needle Combo Pack https://a.co/d/8vtv2AU

FE4596F1-D697-4536-B4F2-DA6C0BD2358A.jpeg

After 20 years of riding motocross, I use Chain wax for almost everything. It's essentially sprayable cosmoline. I apply it once a year and I'm done. No squeaks.

71wa-Ozqh-PBL.jpg

Motor oil is what I use. I make sure its got a good zddp package though.

I happened to have a can of the Tri-Flow in my garage for some other reason (I can't remember). Sprayed that on the trunk and door hinges and that seemed to do the trick. I was pretty conservative with how much I sprayed so as not to end up with a big mess.

My 2012 Ram had a recurring issue with squeaky hinges. I've tried several things, don't like using white lithium grease because of the mess. I started using Blaster Garage Door Lubricant which I bought to quite my garage doors. I stuff a blue shop towel in behind first to catch the over spray but once treated, this lasts a year or more before the next application. I'm happy with the results so I'll likely continue with this method.

Auto Transport Service
Back