• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Door window post support adjuster

They had a thin foam strip tucked in there (I still have the originals). You could use thin foam weatherseal or anything else to fill the gap. As stated, all it does is stop the rattle.
I was just joking about the cost of the genuine Mopar rubber band lol

I just bought those anti-rattle rubber bands from Megaparts for $15’ish delivered

If I remember correctly, there's some play/adjustment in where the pin itself bolts in. Also, factory had sort of a "doubled over rubber band" jammed in the bracket hole where the pin goes as an anti-rattle device. I recently saw them reproduced somewhere for less than $10 and electrical tape or a piece of old bicycle inner tube would work too
I used a piece of jute.

If you weld it, clean the track good with sandpaper. I believe it is galvanized

So do you guys know where this goes? I can’t find anything on it’s location….

IMG_1451.jpeg

That guy goes up front under the vent window leg.

That guy goes up front under the vent window leg.
Thanks yeah I am trying to figure out where it goes and how it mounts and what gets mounted to it.

I think that's it. I have no pictures of it but 2 bolts are outside the door and the big bolt holds the leg.

I think that's it. I have no pictures of it but 2 bolts are outside the door and the big bolt holds the leg.
Yes! And I believe this is correct as well. No fsm pics of this clamping set up as well.
Thanks again

image.jpg

Yes! And I believe this is correct as well. No fsm pics of this clamping set up as well.
Thanks again

View attachment 1634509
Will work fine that way, but I guarantee that nobody took the time to hold that plate there and then add the screw. It was dropped in from above, assembled, into the gap.

As Mike showed, the vent frame triangle bracket goes flat side up...

Got it! Thanks so much for the assistance! Thats my finger lol

image.jpg

Do I trim the bottom or top?

image.jpg

Again, all shown in both my Bee and Superbird threads... how to trim and punch the holes. Do you not have your old ones to use as a "template"??
I was looking at your thread. No mine was long gone. It appears there is a wider portion on one side and the other more narrow.

Auto Transport Service
Back