• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Doug’s Headers for ‘73 Road Runner 360

ncrobb

Local time
12:38 AM
Reaction score
A guy I know has a set of D453 ceramic coated Doug’s Headers for sale. He was running them on a Duster with a 340. I am trying to figure out if they will fit my ‘73 RR with a 360? I called Doug’s and that was a waste of my time. Young men with a list of what it fits. Felt like I called a chain auto parts store and they needed my year, make, model, engine and A/C info to sell me a bag of shop rags. I’ve looked at Doug’s, Jegs and Summit along with a couple other web sites. Some show A,B & E body small blocks with no years. Some show Chargers and GTX (I know) to ‘72. I called Summit and the guy was really cool, he looked at other manufacturer offerings and said he thought they would work but wasn’t 100%.

So the two dollar question is will a set of Doug’s D453 headers fit a 1973 Road Runner with a 360, floor shift manual trans and power steering?

This is not a sure answer but Doug's headers are very close to TTI from what I have read but I have never confirmed myself. I looked up the 1 5/8 long tube headers from TTI and they show to work on all small blocks from 62-79 B bodies so my guess is that they would work. If it were me and it was a good price, I wouldn't hesitate. I have Dougs in my 72 and they fit really nice.

TTI Website:
1-5/8 x 1-3/4" FULL-LENGTH STEP HEADERS, 3.0" collectors
HEADER NO. 340
• Applications: 67-76 A-body, 62-79 B-body, 70-74 E-body, 76-80 F-body, 77-88 M-body
• A/LA-Engines: 318, 340, 360, 402 crate, 408 Magnum crate, 440 Super commando crate
• Cylinder Heads: OEM or Equivalent - Edelbrock Performer RPM, Mopar Perf Alum, Mopar Perf cast-iron, RHS-Indy360X, Indy-TA

I hope this helps you out.

Auto Transport Service
Back