• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dougs header measurement

Glenwood

Local time
5:15 AM
Reaction score
Does anyone have a loose set of dougs d452 headers that they could take a quick measurement?
I've ordered a set and am about to remove the hp manifolds. I'd like to trim the exhaust pipe close to the collector.

Here's an example of some hedmans I have. The left is approx 12" from the last mount hole to the collector edge. I need both sides.

20180414_143134.jpg 20180414_143128.jpg

Thanks Mike! I can't tell what the measurement it. What's the distance from the #8 & #7 last hole to the collector lip?

I guess I don't understand what you're asking , "last hole". PM me and Ill give you my phone number and you can walk me through...

I guess I don't understand what you're asking , "last hole". PM me and Ill give you my phone number and you can walk me through...

Thanks for the call Mike. Sounds like about 17". These collectors and tubes go back further under ths car than the hedmans.

Does anyone have a loose set of dougs d452 headers that they could take a quick measurement?
I've ordered a set and am about to remove the hp manifolds. I'd like to trim the exhaust pipe close to the collector.

Here's an example of some hedmans I have. The left is approx 12" from the last mount hole to the collector edge. I need both sides.

View attachment 594652 View attachment 594653
My advice is wait until you receive your set of Doug's. There can be manufacturing tolerances that would allow the set you receive to be a bit longer or shorter. Don't put the cart before the horse and "trim" your pipes before you know the actual lengths. Remember the old adage "measure twice, cut once"? In your case you are not even measuring.

Last edited:
The pipes will have to get cut and new ones sections bent to the new angle of wherever the collectors land anyway. I just wanted to get an idea of how much to trim.

Auto Transport Service
Back