• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Drifting over from the "A" body forum

Local time
4:06 PM
Reaction score
Hello one and all. I (Ron) have drifted over here back to my roots and in to the B-Body forum to join you all. About me: Jesus it has to be a disease but I love ALL Muscle cars but have a special place in my heart for Mopar B bodies. 5 B bodies here at the house just didn't seem like enough so I have had my eye out for another 70 Charger R/T. I purchased a Hemi 4 speed Charger R/T about 15 years ago not knowing that it was one of only 66 or 67 was made in 1970 SO when the old cars got red hot I had it professionally restored to the quality where I could sell it on Barrett Jackson or Mecum but after a 50K restoration it just stays in climate controlled storage and it kills me but an investment grade car is an investment grade car.
Well back to my purchase of this afternoon. Found and bought a 1970 Charger R/T-SE that is still in the hands of the original owners son. He took a lot of it apart and started to fix it up then changed jobs about 10 years ago and it has just been setting in his garage. At least he put a pair of doors on it so the interior wasn't wide open and a cheap-o Macco paint touch up. The guy was holding on to the car for sentimental reasons. His dad bought it brand new and he has ALL of the paperwork with the car from the day it was ordered, including the maintenance records and cost of the doors and Macco paint job that was put on it way back when. Now for the 3 really great things about this Charger. I have rescued a "barn find" and saved a piece of America history, I got the car for 12 grand, there is a ton of parts with it including the original engine and 4 speed tranny and now everyone hold on to their pants. Check out this partial VIN XSROG !!!!!
For you in the know on these Vin decoding this is the **** ! !. I hit the jackpot today. A really good ride, great classic muscle car in great shape for it's age, lots of extra parts, 1 owner car and garage kept. Now to get her home here to Georgia to take her place in the "Ron" muscle car museum. Hmmmmm don't know about that Yellow color though but I guess it will grow on me like the Mach 1 did.
Sorry for being so windy but I am tickled Pink even though I have a case of the flu.

Peace to all and hopefully you still have a job.

Ron P.1

Ext 4.jpg

i think youre spreading the love too thin. i need one of those Chargers lol. welcome.

Just yankin your chain. That R/T I owned twice. However, there probably won't be a third time, cause it was exported to Belgium. Sweet car. Only had 69,000 miles on it when found.

I drifted over here too, cause i can only dream and look at pictures of 68 Chargers, I cant find a affordable project, any one got any leads?

Just yankin your chain. That R/T I owned twice. However, there probably won't be a third time, cause it was exported to Belgium. Sweet car. Only had 69,000 miles on it when found.

Since I wasn't the lucky buyer, who was?:confused:

Wish I could remember, but that was maybe 6 years ago. Maybe longer. I've slept AND changed my socks since then lol

Auto Transport Service
Back