• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Drip Rail Sealing 74 Charger

terrywalker

Local time
8:46 AM
Reaction score
I need to decide what to do in the drip rail area where the roof skin meets the drip rail. I just can't bring myself to reinstall a vinyl top. I know others have left off vinyl tops. What did you use to seal this area. I'm thinking seam sealer but brush on can be messy. Any suggestions on what others have used? I'd like to get it right the first time. I've posted a photo of the area. Thanks
Terry W.

Drip Rail 2.jpg

Use seam sealer in a tube/caulking gun and smooth it down neatly with your finger. Probably a good idea to moisten your finger and there is probably something better than water to use - but escapes me now.

Thin coat of body filler.

It needs to be sealed to keep water out, so that means seam sealer. Whether it gets a vinyl top or not.

Bondo is the wrong thing there, just like bedliner paint.

Seam seal in a tube , 3m is fine.
Mask full length aprox 1/16- 1/8 off the roof skin edge.
Mask full length the rail itself, tape needs to drop over rail inside edge.
Run a thin bead of sealer full length.
Your best (tool ) is your finger wet with thinner, keep a rag handy to wipe your finger off.
Pull tape while its all still wet and smooth.

Auto Transport Service
Back