• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Drip Rail trim

Speterson64

Local time
11:09 AM
Reaction score
Hey all, I'm looking to find out if I'm missing something here or not.
I removed my drip rail trim and the previous owner had it glued on with 3M emblem adhesive.
on my 66' i remember this trim snapping and the rail, but it doesn't seem to be the case here?!
Are there supposed to be clips that hold this trim on? I can't seem to find any answers on this.
Thanks, Scott (64' Sport Fury)

Last edited:
They sure don't seem to snap on?! They came off pretty easy. My 66' were a pain in the neck to get off.
I'll check it again.
Thanks for the response!!

Somethings not right, the previous owner probably stretched them and had to glue them on.
There is no room for error. Hard to get off and pretty ez to put back on if they are not altered.

Hey all, I'm looking to find out if I'm missing something here or not.
I removed my drip rail trim and the previous owner had it glued on with 3M emblem adhesive.
on my 66' i remember this trim snapping and the rail, but it doesn't seem to be the case here?!
Are there supposed to be clips that hold this trim on? I can't seem to find any answers on this.
Thanks, Scott (64' Sport Fury)
Scott,
Are these the wide moldings like the Belvedere II uses or the narrow/only cover the face of the rail? The wide moldings use 2 clips per side to retain them. Joe Suchy has them in stock.
Mike

Pictures please

If you're working on the SF! There are clips that hold the wide trim on! The narrow style is pressed on. The narrow ones are usually spread apart after they have been removed!

Thanks, guys!
I'm working with the narrow face of the rail trim. It does press on.
It's just been "massaged" to need to be glued on.
Thanks for all the help!!

you should be able to carefully re-massage it back to the correct profile..often they strain the metal using beer openers to remove instead of a tool offering a larger displacement for the pressure required to remove.

Auto Transport Service
Back