• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

drive shaft loop

early2drsedan

Local time
4:59 AM
Reaction score
Has any one used a mancini racing brand b-body drive shaft loop that bolts to trans crossmember on a 63 plymouth and do they fit with no mods thanks

I had one on my GTX with no mods if that helps at all.

There’s a whole thread on driveshaft loops here, with pictures. Do a search I’m sure you’ll find what you’re looking for

Did a custom loop on my car while I was doing the frame connectors and fabricating in the 5.7 tunnel hump . . .

160817-67365229b5e470b3de3e56e8960ec43e.jpg

The loop also is my connection from frame connector to frame connector so I have a mounting point for my bucket seats . . . originally it had a bench seat.

The full work on the fabrication starts on page 59 on my build:
https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/mopa...oration-aka-mad-scientist-build.58257/page-59

I made one that bolted to the back of the crossmember. It also bolted to the floor for additional support. In the picture below.

IMG_3834.JPG

I replaced it with this one, which was about 5 lbs lighter and I noticed additional rigidity in the car as well. It ties the frame connectors together as well as driveshaft failure protection.

IMG_1797.JPG

To you guys who do your own fabrication work.....
:thumbsup: and :lowdown:
My vocational path took a lot of turns, from numerous hard physical labor jobs to sales, then electronics and appliances sales, then installation, home theater design sales and installation, and now finally medical equipment repair and service.
If I would have been exposed to any kind of fab and welding I think I would have liked it (except for the heat) from a creative standpoint.
My Mancini driveshaft safety loop is great on my 70 Roadrunner, although that doesn't answer the OP's question.

Auto Transport Service
Back