• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Drugs or actual market value ?

I saw this car go at Barrett Jackson for 60k so it must be worth atleast 20k to start. :realcrazy:

"Please dont ask me why I'm selling the car." My guess, because after they replaced the roof, rear quarters, trunk floor, floor pans, and rockers plus install those nice new backup lights, they's ain't gots no mo money!

A group of millennials thought my car was a Charger, maybe I should've sold it to their parents for 80K. :lol:

Almost any salvageable second generation Charger is about 10 grand for a roller these days,add the cost of the sheet metal, and the labor to install it, and he is not far of the mark. If he put it on eBay he would get his number for it. I am seriously considering selling my 70 V code Charger R /T project because the market for second generation Chargers is so strong!

Almost any salvageable second generation Charger is about 10 grand for a roller these days,add the cost of the sheet metal, and the labor to install it, and he is not far of the mark.

Well,... Speaking as someone that is going through that part of the process, I agree with what Chargervert said. I replaced many of the same components mentioned in the ad with new AMD components. If I remember correctly off the top of my head, all my AMD components added up to around $5k - $6k. Add in the labor to install all those components and get the prime, fill and blocking done and as Chargervert said...... He's not far off on the price.

I am learning quickly the costs associated with doing all that metal work and prep for paint. It is BY FAR the most expensive part of the process. Now,... that being said, it is impossible to tell the quality of the work done, but if he paid someone to do it, and they did it right, you could EASILY have that much just into bringing the body back to perfect condition. Ask me how I know!!

Well,... Speaking as someone that is going through that part of the process, I agree with what Chargervert said. I replaced many of the same components mentioned in the ad with new AMD components. If I remember correctly off the top of my head, all my AMD components added up to around $5k - $6k. Add in the labor to install all those components and get the prime, fill and blocking done and as Chargervert said...... He's not far off on the price.

I am learning quickly the costs associated with doing all that metal work and prep for paint. It is BY FAR the most expensive part of the process. Now,... that being said, it is impossible to tell the quality of the work done, but if he paid someone to do it, and they did it right, you could EASILY have that much just into bringing the body back to perfect condition. Ask me how I know!!
I'm at the tail end of the paint & body blues. And i agree with you whole heartedly ! And all this is assuming you only had to hire/ partially pay, one " good " painter/ body guy. If you're unlucky enough to choose a few incompetant imposters 1st, and their work has to be redone,,,.
I firmly believe its much cheaper to buy a turn key car. Than to buy a roller & redo it.

That can be said for most cars,but in the current market, second generation Chargers in turn key condition generally run between the 40k to 100k price range depending on what type of Charger you are looking for. If you want a correctly restored R/T ,a resto mod, or a nice driver 318 or 383 car. If you want a six pack or a Hemi Charger R /T they can run 60k to 250k. Aero cars are even more than that. So a second generation Charger has reached the point where you can almost restore one for the cost of a nice turn key Charger. The only benefit of restoring one yourself is that you will know what you have and how it was restored, verses buying a pretty car,but not knowing what or how it was restored.

I’m not surprised - I’ve seen worse cars go for comparable $$. Chargers seem to go for serious money no matter the condition. Would I go for it - no. Not with all the work and expense that thing has coming up. I agree with chargervert in that you may as well buy a turn key car and save yourself all the aggravation of the work and hidden costs.

Maybe it's CL math. Ask $20k and take $10k?

his wife probably told him to get that freaking money pit out of the way

Seems to be about the going rate around here these days.

That's crazy, $20k for a shell ! I should've bought a charger a long time ago ..... then again most of these car prices are crazy too me ...

Almost any salvageable second generation Charger is about 10 grand for a roller these days,add the cost of the sheet metal, and the labor to install it, and he is not far of the mark. If he put it on eBay he would get his number for it. I am seriously considering selling my 70 V code Charger R /T project because the market for second generation Chargers is so strong!

if the sheet metal was installed properly..... yes

"Asking" and "Getting" are two different things. I used to pay what people asked or I passed. Now, after watching too much Gas Monkey and F'ed Up Garage, I negotiate.
Example: Guy was asking $1800, I offered him $800 and we settled in $1100. That's 60% of asking, almost half.

The guy should get that easy. If not a US buyer there will be some overseas buyer interest also. If you are one of the ones that think its worth half or less what he is asking....you will not be buying a 2nd gen Charger. Your opinion will not change the market.

Auto Transport Service
Back