• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dual Master Brake cylinder to early

Long time ago, but I found this thread I started, by accident.

To all who are searching for something like this, to make it complete:

I did the swap and used the new standard master brake cylinder for B Body 68 - 70 and I needed an adjustable Pushrod too!

There was no chance for bleeding the complete new system, with the "short" original one.

The adj. Pushrod from MP Brakes works fine, but will not fit, with the old brake light switch. So you have to customize it a little, to reach the switch again.

I think, that's all :yes:

Long time ago, but I found this thread I started, by accident.

To all who are searching for something like this, to make it complete:

I did the swap and used the new standard master brake cylinder for B Body 68 - 70 and I needed an adjustable Pushrod too!

There was no chance for bleeding the complete new system, with the "short" original one.

The adj. Pushrod from MP Brakes works fine, but will not fit, with the old brake light switch. So you have to customize it a little, to reach the switch again.

I think, that's all :yes:

Hey Postman can you put up a picture of your master cylinder? I'm also having problems getting good petal, maybe the push rod is to short? I've bled the master a couple of times and the same with the wheels. How did you tell the rod was short or not hitting the end of stroke?

Hello Joe

DSCI0688.jpg

The chamber to the Firewall is for the front brakes. the one in the front is connected to the rear brake.

I installed all lines new, new Wheel cylinders, Hoses etc...
I bleeded the master cylinder a few times too and tried to bleed the system, started at the right rear wheel. No juice arrived there, after "hours of pumping the pedal"
Then i tried it on the front. Fluid came and I had a very little presure under the pedal.

I thought, The pushrod was long enough, but it was'nt. so I ordered an adjustable one and I gave him only 8 to 10 Millimeters (Sorry, I'm German :)
That was enough! from here bleeding the sytem was no problem!!!

Open your wheel brake cylinders and push down the pedal. If it hits the floor, I think, you can be sure, your pushrod is to short.

If you need another pic, or I wrote something that is not to understand, let me know. I hope this helps!

Good luck!!

Sorry postman ,not to argue but the front bowl goes to the rear brakes and the rear bowl to the front.Most m/c will say that if you look closer .

Hello Joe

DSCI0688.jpg

The chamber to the Firewall is for the front brakes. the one in the front is connected to the rear brake.

I installed all lines new, new Wheel cylinders, Hoses etc...
I bleeded the master cylinder a few times too and tried to bleed the system, started at the right rear wheel. No juice arrived there, after "hours of pumping the pedal"
Then i tried it on the front. Fluid came and I had a very little presure under the pedal.

I thought, The pushrod was long enough, but it was'nt. so I ordered an adjustable one and I gave him only 8 to 10 Millimeters (Sorry, I'm German :)
That was enough! from here bleeding the sytem was no problem!!!

Open your wheel brake cylinders and push down the pedal. If it hits the floor, I think, you can be sure, your pushrod is to short.

If you need another pic, or I wrote something that is not to understand, let me know. I hope this helps!

Good luck!!

i'm working on the same set up right now, i'm useing the old push rod from an old dual master so i hope it's the same.. only bummer is the original studs don't work on the new master so i'll have to bolt it on like you did!

I use the 67 M/C and I have power drum brakes. It bolts right up and works fine in my 63. Ron

100_1088.gif

I use the 67 M/C and I have power drum brakes. It bolts right up and works fine in my 63. Ron

Hey383man,what addapters did you use on the m/c for the brake lines

Auto Transport Service
Back