Dual Master Cylinder

1966-1967 Dodge Charger Forum

1. scottp57

scottp57 Member

Local Time:
    3:56 PM
    I was recently at the Spring Fling Mopar show in San Fernando Valley with my '66 and several other '66 & '67 owner suggeted I change out my single brake master cylinder to a dual. All said it was a fairly easy swap and the new one could be purchased at Auto Zone. I had no luck with them, Pep Boys ot Classic Industries.

Does anyone know where I can acquire the new dual master cylinder and what the part # is?

Scott

2. mr. b

mr. b Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:56 PM
    I got mine from Advance Auto for 69 road runner just use your stock push rod worked great

3. badmopar67

badmopar67 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:56 PM
    Autozone carries them (m1487) is one of many. you need to look in years 67,68,69,70 mostly any bbody set up will work on your car the one thing you're going to want to look for is the bore size on the master cylinder you want that to be 1" The smaller the better. another good thing would be to look for cars that had manual disc brakes which is (m1487 for a 67GTX) should have the 1 inch bore size plus extra capacity for brake fluid. you will have to get the two lines and the proportioning valve to finish the swap.

4. 68 Sport Satellite

68 Sport Satellite FBBO Gold Member FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
    3:56 PM
    I recommend the Raybestos blue box (mid-grade) dual MC with 15/16" bore. I'm running it in my '68 Satellite. The one below that (red box I think) is not as well made.

5. monaco66coupe

monaco66coupe Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:56 PM
    Just change that little proportioning valve when you do the deed.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.