• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ductile Iron Rockers: Outdated? Or good investment?

@Beepedout70 You disagree with my post #3, how about an explanation??

Last edited:
Hmmm...
I had a crappy experience with Crane ductile rockers when I built my wedge motor, kept getting the lifter click. Would readjust the lifter load but turned out the tip was wearing through due to improper hardening. Brought a couple of defective rocker samples to the SEMA to talk with a Crane engineer about some replacements, the tech guy went virale yelling and screaming in their SEMA booth. I left the show and threw the rockers in the dumpster, purchased a set of Harland/Sharp rockers, installed and all is well many years later..

Just my $0.02... :thumbsup:
I had to have the tips on 3 of the cranes I tried redone before I could use them. The Iskys were fine. Not sure when crane started cheaping out on the hardening.

Phil is in Duncan, the town to the south of me. The man I did business with was here in Marlow, where I live.
Sounds like Don. I would have loved to have bought one of his extra 440 blocks. Was wanting one for a spare for my Charger. I’m from Duncan myself.

Sounds like Don. I would have loved to have bought one of his extra 440 blocks. Was wanting one for a spare for my Charger. I’m from Duncan myself.
Are you guys planning to make the Bristow event this year? I showed up Saturday for street drags and they didn’t run them. Hopefully this year is better.

You're missing the point. It has nothing to do with power. It's about not eating up the valve guides because somebody is too lazy or dumb to set up geometry. But, if your lazy or ignorant of a subject why would you care about reliability; especially with ductile iron rockers.
Think I made the statement that my rockers are factory originals. If you want to accuse people on this forum of being lazy, dumb or ignorant, find another forum. Your politics don't give you the right to talk to anyone here that way, if you can't respect who you are talking to, take it some where else.

You nailed it. It was Don.
He cut me some pretty good deals. There was still 2 more 440 blocks besides the one i bought.

Which Charger is yours? I might have seen you around town. Glad to know another Mopar guy around our area.

Are you guys planning to make the Bristow event this year? I showed up Saturday for street drags and they didn’t run them. Hopefully this year is better.
I’m hoping to make it this year. Have to check my work schedule. Thats about a 2 1/2 hour drive for me. Haven’t had my car on that long of a trip yet. My cars a rough rusty driver with 2.76s

You nailed it. It was Don.
He cut me some pretty good deals. There was still 2 more 440 blocks besides the one i bought.

Which Charger is yours? I might have seen you around town. Glad to know another Mopar guy around our area.
I’ll have to ask him about the other two. I have an orange 68 with a black stripe across the back and 440/4 speed.

9B0540E5-2D03-4DDA-829D-BA38A7B52D52.jpeg

I havent seen that car. Ive heard theres at least 3 chargers in Duncan. Theres a 68 in Marlow.

Haven’t really seen any Plymouths around Stephens county.
I finished fixing it up around 2018. I mainly drive it back and forth to work. Believe I saw your car coming through Duncan a few weeks ago. There are a few Mopars in the area but not many. There used to be quite a few Mopars hid out. I recall seeing the 68 in Marlow. The green 68 R/T in Duncan I had the opportunity to buy in the early 2000's for $3,500 before it was restored. It needed a complete restoration but it was all there, extremely solid and all numbers matching. I thought that was too much money for a project car :rolleyes:

I finished fixing it up around 2018. I mainly drive it back and forth to work. Believe I saw your car coming through Duncan a few weeks ago. There are a few Mopars in the area but not many. There used to be quite a few Mopars hid out. I recall seeing the 68 in Marlow. The green 68 R/T in Duncan I had the opportunity to buy in the early 2000's for $3,500 before it was restored. It needed a complete restoration but it was all there, extremely solid and all numbers matching. I thought that was too much money for a project car :rolleyes:
Man, what a bummer!
Now the Mopar Market is pretty much become you would be glad to give 3500 for ANY Mopar.

I bought my first Plymouth in Dallas off craigslist for 1800 bucks and drove it home.

Auto Transport Service
Back