• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dynomax Super Turbo Part# For 71 Charger w/2.5" Exhaust

JG71B

Local time
2:50 AM
Reaction score
New exhaust next week. First time in about 25yrs choosing mufflers and Im not sure which part number I should use for the 71. Not sure if it would be offset both sides or center inlet. Who is using what? Thanks!

Last edited:
Depends on your inlet and outlet size but 2.5 in and 2.5 out is dynomax # 17748
if you order tti complete systems this is what they will use too

JG, that will be a great choice. The 17748 does everything very well. It flows well, sounds good, and is relatively quiet but has some tone. Be sure they hang it with "as stock of hangers" as you can find. No solid rods welded to the muffler and the brackets. :):)

JG, that will be a great choice. The 17748 does everything very well. It flows well, sounds good, and is relatively quiet but has some tone. Be sure they hang it with "as stock of hangers" as you can find. No solid rods welded to the muffler and the brackets. :):)
Tone is ok. Drone is not...

I ran them for years as does Dad. Drone is very minimal IF the exhaust is suspended properly. Around 2000 to 2200 rpm you can detect it but way less than most any other mufflers we tested.

I ran them for years as does Dad. Drone is very minimal IF the exhaust is suspended properly. Around 2000 to 2200 rpm you can detect it but way less than most any other mufflers we tested.
I have Summit turbos on it now from a kit and they sound good and zero drone but, are not as flow through as the Dynos.

Auto Transport Service
Back