• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E-bay anyone still use it? Buy or sell?

QuickBpBp

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:57 PM
Reaction score
E-bay has really become a shithole. I no longer sell anything there and haven't listed anything there for over a year. That being said I do still look for parts for my cars. I recently found an Nos 69 Sport Fury grille emblem for my father's car. Car is willed to me and special to me as that is the car I was brought home from the hospital when I was born and took to my 11th grade prom. So I am always looking and recently found this piece. Awhile back a dealer told me I would never find this and it was a piece that he has never even seen Nos. With that being said the last few weeks it's filled with sellers spamming so bad to where a search months ago yielded just 69 Sport Fury parts. Now look at this search of just 69 Sport Fury filled with Cadillac parts, Ford horns, Ford flat head intake etc.. it's crazy and makes me now not even want to weed through the BS to find stuff. Anyway here was my score.. Just frustrated as I report these ads but they still seem to stay.

nos 1969 sport fury -fits in eBay Motors | eBay Sorry forgot the link..

DSCN3720.JPG DSCN3721.JPG DSCN3717.JPG

Last edited:
Occasional use of ebay for buying ONLY.

There is absolutely nothing in this life I need enough to buy off EBAY.

I peruse and buy occasionally. Seller having a high feedback is crucial. Lots of good deals on used hand tools and misc. odds-ends parts.

I’ve had a bunch of shipments get lost during transit to me/buyer. eBay is surprising great on the consumer-side if the tracking shows not delivered, and will immediately reverse the charges. Probably, terrible to be a seller though (especially, if your item gets stolen or completely lost during shipping…)

There is absolutely nothing in this life I need enough to buy off EBAY.

Sometimes it's the ONLY place if looking for rare parts.. I luckily picked up a few items over the last few months that I have been looking for many many years but am starting to feel it is too much effort to weed through to find them. Something needs to be done..

Another hobby of mine is restoring 80's motocross bikes. During the mid 80's a lot of the top MX manufacturers were battling & each had new technology from year to year, leading to a lot of 1 year only parts. Some of these parts were commonly abused & ruined, making finding them even more difficult. I found more things I need on eBay than anywhere else and the competition of 2 or 3 choices does keep the prices in check. I have an 85' CR250 I found a new DG pipe & silencer for on eBay. It was an NOS DG system. Cost me as much as a set of TTI headers, but couldn't complete the build without it... Thanks to eBay
20201108_223632.jpg
20201108_223605.jpg
20201108_223554.jpg
20201108_223435.jpg

I’ve had a bunch of shipments get lost during transit to me/buyer.
In nearly 20 years of trading in and out to USA and around the world, I have completed nearly 1,000 trades/transactions, and have only lost 3 items. Two to the same person I sent the items to - I am sure he was scamming me for more now.
Another was an item that I bought, and it never showed up.....no refunds, no explanations, no goods.

I did have another item going missing that I bought....but the seller sent me a refund.

Overall, a good experience - I have an eBay rating of 306 (ish), and 100% positive. Other sites also 100% with hundreds of trades etc.

The sooner Ebay folds the better! If I were 20 years younger I'd take a stab at a competitive service the focuses more on the customers - both buyer and seller. They've evolved to the point where their users want to screw them at every opportunity - and not without good reason.

I'll give my junk away before I sell it on eBay, but I still look for stuff. Just got two very nice fender mirrors for my 57 Dodge ....cheap, cheap, cheap! Probably would have taken a long time looking elsewhere.

Almost everyone I know is done selling there, so I anticipate the supply of original/used parts there has dropped off significantly.

I went there and bought a filter that could not be found elsewhere. Paid twice market.
97F8D266-FC49-44B2-875E-F13CF496977E.jpeg

I closed my ebay account three days ago after many years,They asked why, I told them. Then they tried to get me to reconsider, by telling me I would be forever banned from buying on Ebay,with no chance of restarting an account.

Fine with me,,,,

The sooner Ebay folds the better! If I were 20 years younger I'd take a stab at a competitive service the focuses more on the customers - both buyer and seller. They've evolved to the point where their users want to screw them at every opportunity - and not without good reason.

Do you have money and three years? eBay is at 12.5% commission and going higher will hurt, but the stockholders won't stand for them lowering back to 10%. eBay is stuck on price, so they can be undercut. At 6%, where will sellers go?

I had over 100 transactions, with 100% satisfaction,,, that didn't stop them from putting holds on my funds numerous times until the buyer said they were satisfied. and now they reserve the right to send your private Info to other corporate vendors, and to third party clients as well.
I don't want my Info, accts etc floating around the net.

I am done with that, and Paypal is next on the chopping block.

I feel your pain when searching for an item and get all kinds of unrelated items
Takes too much time to wade through all the crap!!

Do you have money and three years? eBay is at 12.5% commission and going higher will hurt, but the stockholders won't stand for them lowering back to 10%. eBay is stuck on price, so they can be undercut. At 6%, where will sellers go?
for me its the 1099 u will now recieve at the end of the year,,up until the end of last year the cieling was at 20000.00 and/or 200 transactions as a seller,,,Now its 600.00...for just cleaning out the garage,,AND the last sale i made on there last december , ebays percentage was 13.5%...its a loosing deal now...BUT u can still find rare items there 1 mite need..facebook market place ? cash only.

They are good for the worldwide free advertising & then make a private deal out side of ebay just to screw them out of fees.

everybody says craigs list sucks,,, buta month ago my cousin in Seattle put a Honda cbx up at 10k,,and it wasn't 20 minutes when someone from los Angeles bought it on the spot. Pickup was on the way, money wired.

I use ebay all the time! I find things that I can't find anywhere else. Plus it saves me $$$$ And it's great for comparing prices. I've had a few problems and got burned a few times. But nothing bad enough to cry about. Way more positive transactions than negative ones. A great source of parts.

Auto Transport Service
Back