• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E street heads

chargin'

Local time
3:11 PM
Reaction score
Anyone using Edelbrock e street heads? I thinking about getting a set for a stock replacement...

I haven't used a set "YET"
E-streets have a smaller combustion chamber 75cc IIRC {or 84cc too},
good for low compression OE engine, better cooling,
bump up to power a bit, take some weight off the nose,
they have pretty same ports as the Performer RPMs 290cfm intake/217 exhaust
great choice if your not worried about stock appearance,
get a bigger better valve & bump up the compression,
with much better flow characteristics...

good middle of the road head for a mild Mopar Wedge street build

IMO a great bang for the buck, to do a set of 40+ year old cast iron heads,
especially closed chambers, even close to the cfm flow or cc's
it'll cost just about as much, 100% Made in the USA too

my $0.02 cents

If I was doing a street car build, with a mild low compression short block
383, 400 or 440 I'd do it

I've had good luck with most all of Edelbrock's stuff
{short of the Carbs, I'm not a big fan of them}

I'm running the RPM Edelbrock head i talked to Vic Edelbrock at a show about 3 years or so ago about the E~series and wanted to know the deference, E stands for Economy designed to compete in price with other lower Quality heads, and the other difference is that they aren't finished or touched up in the runners by the CNC Machine, Now this was 3 maybe 4 years ago so things may of changed, but these are a Very Good head and in my opinion... "Second To None" For the Money !!

I think I'm going to get a set,I may wait for a little while to see if the Canadian dollar comes around...

Just dyno'd a 431 CI using a 383 block, 440 crank and out of the box E street heads. Made 506hp.

The E street head is the same head as the RPM as cast. Heavier valves and lighter springs IIRC are the difference. An excellent bang for the buck IMO for street bound power plants and mild street machines. The small chambers really help the low compression engines like the 400 B block. Helps bring that dismal ratio to a reasonable level for mild and light performance cams. There my next engine purchase.

some out of the box e-street intake port flow numbers that were sent to me.

.1-62
.2-122
.3-183
.4-230
.5-262

Auto Transport Service
Back