• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Early 67 belvedere brake line route and clip

Rd 92 west

Local time
1:46 PM
Reaction score
I have a sept 2nd 66 built 67 belvedere 2
I bought it as a assembly project.
I have a 67 parts car built in spring of 67. Also a 67 coronet for reference.
It's the brake line that goes to the right front wheel or mainly the routing around the steering column and to the distribution block.
My parts car and coronet have a clip that attaches with a screw to the inner fender. My finger points to the spot.
The red car dont have a hole drilled for the screw.
I'm wondering if being built sept 2 of 66 makes this car similar to a 66 model that never had the clip. I've seen a 66 car with the single line master cylinder.
I the 2nd picture it shows only 2 bend over clips that hold the line to the firewall, instead of 3 clips that a 67 is supposed to have.
Does anyone have knowledge and pictures of what is proper regarding the line to the passenger side front wheel
Thanks

20210527_135614.jpg 20210528_190036.jpg

Interesting 67 Mprfan
That's similar across the firewall to the 66 I saw. Only the 66 line went down on right side of steering column opening.
I copied the line I bent from my parts car. My 67 coronet is the same. I just assumed I'd find the screw hole on inner fender
Your car looks to only have 2 bend clips on the firewall.
Does it have the metal clip and screw securing the line to the inner fender?
Maybe I should add that my car is manual brakes. As is my parts cat.

Thanks again mprfan.
2 more questions
Do you know what plant your car was built at?
When was it built?
I see your brake line is secured to one of the left steering column cover bolts.
My car is built at St Louis plant.
Not sure if that has any bearing on brake line.
I got a brake line wrapped up in a bunch of other parts It looked pretty beat up so I copied the parts car line.
I'm liking what your showing me. I'll go out and take a closer look at the original line.
My car is a h code, rust free. I'm trying to make it as nice as I can.

20210317_095614.jpg

mprfam
Here is the line that came with the car. Its distorted somewhat but is very close to your line.
You have made my day.
If it's not to much to ask, could you get a better picture of the clip that holds the line on left side of steering column. And how is it attached to the firewall.
Thanks again

20210529_203700.jpg

Not sure where it was built mine is originally a 318 car. Glad this helps you out good timing because I just pulled the motor on Friday

0530211308_HDR.jpg 0530211307_HDR.jpg

I don't think the brake line bolts to anything just clips wrapped around it

It looks like the clip is spot welded to the firewall.
I inspected my firewall with magnifying glass and cant find evidence of a spot weld. Its anyone's guess as to were the clip went. Its obvious by my original brake line that it should be like yours.
I'm going to remove a clip from my parts car and carefully weld it in.
Good timing for sure.

I guess the 66 is different somewhat.....goes straight across the fire wall but over the throttle cable and under the column. Single pot master. Wouldn't have thought there would be that much of a difference between 66 and 67.

Cranky
67 is first year for collapsible steering column which gets larger opening in firewall for column. Not sure if this is relevant to line routing.
Here is a picture of the clip that holds the line to the inner fender that I have mentioned. It's on a 67 coronet.
It's right front line is same as in my first post. I'm pretty sure the coronet and my belvedere parts car are Canada made.
So I have 2 67 coronet and 1 67 belvedere with the line that bends up as it goes across the firewall.
There is a reason for the 2 different styles, but I dont know what it is.
I'm just happy as a pig in **** that I can bend another line and make it as original.
I plan on drilling a hole and using a screw to attach the clamp on left side of steering column

20210530_135835.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back