• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Earthquakes in So. Cal

I saw all the after affects on the news from the quakes and I have to tell you guys, that sucks!! They just never let up on you guys, one thing after the other. I hoping it done!

They say we’ll be feeling aftershocks for as long as a year. They also say we could get a bigger one soon as a result of these last two. They are indeed a bit on the scary side.

I have family from Calabasas down to Redondo Beach and Palos Verdes Estates.So I keep in touch with them.
Best wishes for all of you!

Missouri lies on the second largest fault line in North America,The New Madrid Fault. Our fault line is over twenty years past due for major seismic activity. The last great earthquake in Missouri, December 16, 1811, was so violent that it created East St. Louis, divided St Louis from east St Louis with the Mississippi River. They say it could make what you have been dealing with look like a walk in the park. Missouri is one of the most dangerous states to live in in terms of earthquake activity.The difference, in recent history we've been lucky so far. You can run, but, you can't hide!!

I'll take a large earthquake every thirty or forty years all day long, as opposed to four or five hurricanes or a hundred tornadoes each year.

We here in california are bombarded by adds for earthquake insurance (" remember, home owners ins doesn't cover earthquakes!!!"). I'm afraid the gullible will now buy.
It's a huge scam. Its designed to sound as if it's backed by the state, but its a private insurance company. Their premiums are high, the deductable is outrageous, they only payout on a total loss. Well,guess what? If your house is a total loss, then there will be thousands, if not tens of thousands that will be a total loss too. Multiple billions lost....instant insurance company bankruptcy .
California friends, don't be a sucker !

The insurance thing happened here about 20 year's ago when ours was do. Some bought into it for awhile. Then no quake. Insurance companies made a bundle. I figured if we have no large enough to level the house so insurance would pay out the money to rebuild would come from some where else.

We have family in town from Palmdale, sister and brother in law and 4 kids so they’re safe. I seen videos Hope all you guys are safe out there

Years ago I took geology classes and it was said about the New Madrid Quake that the Mississippi ran backwards for days and chimneys in Chicago fell over. They predict the next big one will also be that destructive, only now a lot more people live the affected areas.
They figure in the next big one in California, a strike-slip type fault, the earth will jump 10 feet in one second. We should all be ready to send survival supplies to Missouri or California.

We here in california are bombarded by adds for earthquake insurance (" remember, home owners ins doesn't cover earthquakes!!!"). I'm afraid the gullible will now buy.
It's a huge scam. Its designed to sound as if it's backed by the state, but its a private insurance company. Their premiums are high, the deductable is outrageous, they only payout on a total loss. Well,guess what? If your house is a total loss, then there will be thousands, if not tens of thousands that will be a total loss too. Multiple billions lost....instant insurance company bankruptcy .
California friends, don't be a sucker !
By law they are supposed to have 100% assets to cover 100% of their risk and liabilities? But we learned in 2008 financial collapse that that's not true. And yet they continue today. The insurance scam runs so deep, and so complexed that it's now not possible to regulate correctly. And have so much financial ties to the banking industry that they are indeed too big to fail.

A simple solution? Tax corporations at same scale as the rest of us? If corporations are "People too?" Then tax on a sliding scale? This will eventually encourage companies to break up to small entries. Which historically favors labor and the economy. Proof of point?

Name one large merger of public companies that benefitted the consumer and/or economy? (Private companies can do what they want.)

Now look at the largest forced company breakup in history? AT&T. What happened? The market exploded!

This is still the GD form lets not go there. More important to keep this going for the news at hand don't you think?

This is still the GD form lets not go there. More important to keep this going for the news at hand don't you think?
GD? General Discussions? I guess that means something different? This site gets way too restrictive. If "General Discussions" is restricted? Then I made a mistake being here. Good luck everyone on their builds. And hope to see you out there! Go Mopar!

GD? General Discussions? I guess that means something different? This site gets way too restrictive. If "General Discussions" is restricted? Then I made a mistake being here. Good luck everyone on their builds. And hope to see you out there! Go Mopar!
Your post was ok. But I could see it going the other way real fast and they often do.

@super-bee_ski

he is really close to the quakes epicenter
some 11 miles northeast of Ridgecrest

he's a bit south of that area, but still really close

I have a couple buds in the valley that claimed they felt it

I hope all is well :praying:

BUH BYE!

Auto Transport Service
Back