• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Eat Out or In?

Question I always think of is what do the poor people do? How do they feed their families?

Food stamps. Gummint money.

1690314446091.png

I'd still go for the home-cooked meal over fast food, even if the costs are on par with one another. The same thing is happening in New Zealand with food prices skyrocketing, especially meat. To the point where I was having inappropriate thoughts about the neighbour's cat the other day.
chinese food cat.jpg

Question I always think of is what do the poor people do? How do they feed their families?
My first world problems like what ceramic coating to get feels frivolous by comparison. Poor bastrds schlucking it out. Jobbers filling up pickup trucks. Driving Uber. Side hustles. Trying to pay the rent.

Despite all the ads and billboards about donating to feed hungry people in this country, you don't see anyone starving to death. People in America have access to so much free food that they are eating themselves to an early grave more than ever before.

Despite all the ads and billboards about donating to feed hungry people in this country, you don't see anyone starving to death. People in America have access to so much free food that they are eating themselves to an early grave more than ever before.
So you should wait til people are literally starving to death before helping them?

So you should wait til people are literally starving to death before helping them?
Helping them what ? Tell me where people are not getting food. Tell me where they're "starving to death". I see alot of FAT people in low-income areas. There's plenty of jobs out there.

My first world problems like what ceramic coating to get feels frivolous by comparison. Poor bastrds schlucking it out. Jobbers filling up pickup trucks. Driving Uber. Side hustles. Trying to pay the rent.
Very few will do what you mentioned
some proud honest & more conservative types of people will
the rest
Panhandle, get Govt. subsidies are rampant abused/frauds,
also they can/will get EBT cards, welfare food stamps (Obama bucks)
or beg for it ontop of the other **** (outside the store or street corners/frwy onramps)
&/or they sell drugs to kids or just steal the **** now

Last edited:
We have a good, old-fashioned meat market a few miles away that has the absolute best-quality meats and cheeses. I quit buying most grocery store meats several years ago, as they are packed with artificial crap, plus steroids and other pure nastiness that proliferate. The meat market is of course, more expensive than the big box grocers; but you get what you pay for.

My wife and I went to a local steak restaurant last week (not a chain) and had a very nice dinner...for about $125.00, drinks included. An event like that is a rarity these days, to be certain. For that money, I can get some fantastic cuts of beef at the meat market and have a few bucks left over for sides and a bottle of wine. Fire that grill up and eat like royalty.

My younger son is a wonderful cook. I wished he ha pursued a career in the culinary arts, he is that good naturally!

Helping them what ? Tell me where people are not getting food. Tell me where they're "starving to death". I see alot of FAT people in low-income areas. There's plenty of jobs out there.
I'm not the one that brought up starving to death.. the guy above me did.. Amazing that we live in a country that if people don't look like they were just in a concentration camp then they shouldn't get help if they need it..

With our job market right now, there is NO excuse. Get a job, pay your bills like everyone else, and buy food for your family. You may not get rich, but you don't have to keep looking for handouts.

Yeah.. if only there wasn't a group of people that are keeping the minimum wage at 7.25 since 2009....
And threre you have it folks....
'Just pay the burger flippers more money!"
That money actually has to come from somewhere....and it ends up being the pockets of the working class (the skilled and/or educated working class that is..)
Typical dummycrat economics.

I'm not the one that brought up starving to death.. the guy above me did.. Amazing that we live in a country that if people don't look like they were just in a concentration camp then they shouldn't get help if they need it..
He says no one is starving to death. Which is correct. What help are you referring ?

And threre you have it folks....
'Just pay the burger flippers more money!"
That money actually has to come from somewhere....and it ends up being the pockets of the working class (the skilled and/or educated working class that is..)
Typical dummycrat economics.
Putting people over CEOs massive pay and shareholders would pretty much take care of it without having to raise prices.. that UPS deal today will raise shipping costs but their massive profits won't get hurt, prices will.. it should be the other way around..

Also.. no idea who you are calling a democrat... it's common sense.. the current system doesn't work except for the insanely rich.

While all the Union guys cry about not enough pay...
That seems a bit hypocritical too, doesn't it !!!
It's not just the upper management, all of them...

plenty of greed to spread the blame

Putting people over CEOs massive pay and shareholders would pretty much take care of it without having to raise prices.. that UPS deal today will raise shipping costs but their massive profits won't get hurt, prices will.. it should be the other way around..

Also.. no idea who you are calling a democrat... it's common sense.. the current system doesn't work except for the insanely rich.
Ha....we're talkng inflation's effects on the real working class, not the 'omg the wealthy are the root of all evil' copout...you obviously have zero clue about economics in the real world so good bye..

Last edited:

I was answering the question asked by the person posting before me: "How do poor people feed their families?"

The answer was, even though we are led to believe that the poor are also hungry, the actual situation is that there is so much food America that we are all becoming obese, and even more so of low income people who require food assistance. The free food is everywhere between federal food stamps, local assistance, churches, community food banks, free school lunches, etc.

They're getting all the help they need and then some.

Food is up 15-18% in the past 2 years thanks to the policies of you know who.

....And if you don't agree, then you're either uninformed or stupid.
That is a low end estimate, and depends on where you live.
In the midwest, anything that has to deal with a "nationwide price" like fast food, or some of the large grocery manufacturers even: cost has doubled. Not an exageration.

I don't even pay attention anymore. It's completely out of control. What I really love is when people I know that are liberals complain, I just make a comment like, I hope they go up more. No I don't mean it, but it pissed them off. $1.89 for a red pepper. Around 300 a week for two.
A bag of four mixed (red,yellow, orange) bell peppers for $2.99 CDN for me.

After a full day of scud running in the plane, cutting grass for 5 hours, paying the bills and skud running back to camp... the Wife had better be ready for out as i'm not leaving the island!
:lol:

Auto Transport Service
Back