• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ed King Won't be down!

69a100

Local time
8:10 AM
Reaction score
39910355_2398109963540018_6713893740395626496_n.jpg
2018.08.21C-1024x535.jpg

Man....they're all leaving and fast. May he rest in peace. Sure hate to see 'Lynyard Skynyard' all gone.

When Steve Gaines came on board they were set, then plane went down rest is history as they say.Ronnie said we play it like we rehearsed and recorded it, nobody is coming here to hear us play something different. Always dislike going to concert and it sounded nothing like the recording or they decided to improvise the sound. Led zepplin great recording, live plant cant sing and page just goes anywhere. Not skynyrd true American hard working musicians. I played every joint you could name...every honky tonk.

Rest In Peace!

I alot of ways im surprised ed made it to 68 he usually looked sickly, had heart troubles also for long time. Watched interviews with him, and was always very gentlemanly.

Great music, great memories. RIP.

A California native, Ed King was a founding member of the psychedelic Sixties band Strawberry Alarm Clock, known for their hit “Incense and Peppermints.” He offered to join Skynyrd when, opening for the band at the Jacksonville, Florida, bar the Comic Book Club in 1968, he heard them rehearsing the song “Need All My Friends.” It wasn’t until 1972, however, when King would sign on with Skynyrd, temporarily replacing bassist Leon Wilkeson and then becoming a full-fledged member as third guitarist. King was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2006 as a member of Lynyrd Skynyrd.

40047910_1397724883692084_6742370245446467584_n.jpg

It appears that some butthurt rebel Snowflake asshole has a issue that I put a Red X on his Comment. Freebird is the most overplayed, overrated song ever written by this band. And he doesn't like it! **** him!

Last edited:
It arrears that some butthurt rebel Snowflake asshole has a issue that I put a Red X on his Comment. Freebird is the most overplayed, overrated song ever written by this band. And he doesn't like it! **** him!
images.png

Here's your snowflake!!!

Auto Transport Service
Back