• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Edelbrock Carb on a 318 Polysphere

TLH101

Local time
8:46 AM
Reaction score
I have a chance to pick up an Edelbrock 600cfm carb for a good price. Is that too much carb for the stock 318 poly, with factory 4bbl manifold?

thumbnail_20210401_175731.jpg

Imo that will work just fine. Buddy of mine had a stock 340 with a 750 dp on it, ran fine. He traded it for a 650 vac sec and ran good too. So a 600 on a 318 is perfect.

500 is plenty but the 600 will work. You’ll need a strip kit to neck it down a bit. Maybe look up what size jets come in the 500 and go up one step and see how it does.

Carter-brocks can take a little time to set up correctly, but once they are dialed in they are very reliable. Pick up a vacuum gauge if you don’t already have one.

You will be fine.That's what I ran on mine.( I was using a Wieand intake ) Are you using the stock Iron manifold ? If so just double check the port openings for the throttle plates. Just to make sure of clearance.

If I remember right you’ll need an adapter, stock manifold has the small square pattern like a WCFB I believe.

If I remember right you’ll need an adapter, stock manifold has the small square pattern like a WCFB I believe.

The factory 4bbl iron intakes yes... Same for the 2x4 factory set up --- the Weiand 7503 4bbl would accept a standard 4150 flange

It should work fine. I run a out of the box 600 Edelbrock on my 273 and it performs well and get's 19 mph on the highway.

I am running an Edlebrock carbon the weiand 7503 and it has good throttle response. Never had an issue.

Auto Transport Service
Back