• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Efi conversion tank for 65 belvedere

Redfiretb

Local time
5:11 AM
Reaction score
Im looking to go efi soon and i will most likely be using the 2x4 sniper kit. Engine is a mild 426 hemi. I'm currently looking at tanks with built in sump for intank pumps. I dont see many options for 65 but a lot for 68 and newer, from the pics they look pretty close and was wondering if a newer tank would fit. Im also open to other ideas, like maybe a larger sending unit with a 1/2in pickup and just use an inline pump. What are your suggestions.

Thanks,
-Tim

Im looking to go efi soon and i will most likely be using the 2x4 sniper kit. Engine is a mild 426 hemi. I'm currently looking at tanks with built in sump for intank pumps. I dont see many options for 65 but a lot for 68 and newer, from the pics they look pretty close and was wondering if a newer tank would fit. Im also open to other ideas, like maybe a larger sending unit with a 1/2in pickup and just use an inline pump. What are your suggestions.

Thanks,
-Tim
Aeromotive now has a 66-67 tank with baffling n pump installed. Not sure if they have it for 65 or not.

Thanks guys i guess the aeromotive it is. That was only one i saw listed for an actual 65 but multiple places had 68 and newer just wondering if i had some options to compare to. Now to decide what pump to get lol

Thanks guys i guess the aeromotive it is. That was only one i saw listed for an actual 65 but multiple places had 68 and newer just wondering if i had some options to compare to. Now to decide what pump to get lol

Unless you're pushing over 600hp, the base pump is more than adequate. They have a higher volume pump for 600+. Comes with the tank.

The base pump would probably be ok but id like room to grow. Its a 426 hemi 10.5:1 solid cam ~.600" lift, ported stock heads. One thing iam confused on is it seems to be orb06 fittings coming out of sending unit which i think is 3/8". I would think getting to 600hp and beyond you would want to step up to 1/2"?

What is your motor setup and what size line did you use?
Thanks,
I have a 440 4 speed nothing crazy with a 4.10 Dana. Drag racing last year I was running out of gas at the top of third gear. The mechanical pump was not keeping up. I put in the now middle pump size. I ran 1/2" supply and return line. I also wanted room to upgrade the engine.

Redfiretb, I used 3/8 line that was recommended by Fitech EFI. I'm sure on extended pulls, it would not be adequate. I am at 620hp at 5,200 rpm. But I never plan to race it. So doubtful I'll run out of fuel. I'd recommend 1/2 also for you.

I have a 440 4 speed nothing crazy with a 4.10 Dana. Drag racing last year I was running out of gas at the top of third gear. The mechanical pump was not keeping up. I put in the now middle pump size. I ran 1/2" supply and return line. I also wanted room to upgrade the engine.
I was planning on the middle pump as well but i noticed the fuel hat has orb06 fittings and are 3/8 according to dwg online. Do you remember what size yours were? I want atleast 1/2in line but it doesnt seem right to me to put 1/2line after a 3/8 fitting.

Redfiretb, I used 3/8 line that was recommended by Fitech EFI. I'm sure on extended pulls, it would not be adequate. I am at 620hp at 5,200 rpm. But I never plan to race it. So doubtful I'll run out of fuel. I'd recommend 1/2 also for you.
Thankyou i was planning on putting biggest lone i can get so i only have to do thos once haha.

I was planning on the middle pump as well but i noticed the fuel hat has orb06 fittings and are 3/8 according to dwg online. Do you remember what size yours were? I want atleast 1/2in line but it doesnt seem right to me to put 1/2line after a 3/8 fitting.

Thankyou i was planning on putting biggest lone i can get so i only have to do thos once haha.
I used the Aeromotive 06-08 fitting at the tank.

I guess it all comes down to gph/lph to fuel "X" horsepower. If the pump, with an orb06 outlet, can supply enough fuel at that point, then it should be ok going through a 1/2 inch line. The 3/8 id line will have parasitic loss along the way.

I did a full Sniper set up from tank , pump, distributor, throttle body, coil pack and computer from Holly. You might push it back at them and see if they can provide a whole set up. I am impressed with the set up I got and it is in the learning stage. Mocajava

3/8 line is fine for 600 hp. Go crawl under a Hellcat and see what size of line they have for 700 hp. EFI operates at high pressure so you don't need a big line.

3/8 line is fine for 600 hp. Go crawl under a Hellcat and see what size of line they have for 700 hp. EFI operates at high pressure so you don't need a big line.
Hey Andyf,
In reality the 3/8 line would be fine i was just trying to make sure i future proof it the best i can. I also have a 2003 cobra thats making over 500 to wheels on stock fuel line but all the bigger kits to make safe power over 600 are all 1/2.

Areomotive does make other phantom kits one has dual feed lines so you could do a y with a bigger line. Fuel line isnt much different in price from 3/8 to 1/2 so im going to run 1/2.

Thanks for all the help Guy's

Tanks Inc. pump with sump. 340 lph. Mild 440 in a 67 Charger. Fitch 600.
Definitely use an in tank pump. Stay away from inline pumps. I used 3/8 fuel line and GM filter/regulator

IMG_20190901_143636.jpg

My interchange manual says that 64 and 65 Polara’s have different tanks - and that 64 Polara and 65 Belvedere have the same tank. If that’s correct, the not sure how Aeromotive has a tank that is for 64 & 65 Polara. I’ve never seen anything but a Belvedere tank, so I can’t compare. Can anyone confirm?

Auto Transport Service
Back