• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EFI Fuel pumps

Darius

Local time
8:30 AM
Reaction score
I posted this in the resto mod forum but thought I might get different viewers here.

When I built my car I bought a B Body fuel tank from XV Motorsports that was set up with a pump in the tank. The piece of **** has failed already and I don't even have 2000 miles on it!! (Wonder why they went tango uniform??)
Any way, just looking for suggestions based on experience from anyone who has a similar set up with a reliable pump...what is a good pump to get ????

You should consider looking at the Tanks fuel tank and fuel pump system. They are making B body fuel tanks that look original but are designed to have an in tank fuel pump. The tanks are baffled and they have a fuel pump tray. I have yet to install mine but it looks great and the design is very user friendly. I'm adding a access panel in the trunk area to make checking and/or repairing the fuel gauge sender or pump easy.
Pat

In a stock setup like your you can run a gs340 Walbro, it will be more than enough fuel. You wont outgrow it with heads and cam if you go there later

Aeromotive all the way...... They're the leaders in fuel delivery.

I would strongly disagree. They are expensive and I would say Holley Magnafuel, and fuelab are all better nowadays

All Aeromotive parts are designed and made in the USA..... If you want Chinese parts then get it from the others.

You are completely talking out of your ***. Provide documentation to support that statement.

You are completely talking out of your ***. Provide documentation to support that statement.

Didn't come here to argue..... Just stating my opinion as are you. Aeromotive products are based around aerospace technology...... The quality of their parts are second to none.

If you knew any of the tech data you would change your opinion. Aeromotive pumps are OK, but they are loud, pricey, and there are several made in the USA billet pumps that weigh less and made half the noise.

i just installed an Aeromotive Stealth 340gph Phantom fuel pump in my Roadrunner and all I can hear is the fuel pumping through the lines back to the tank. Super quiet.

image.jpg

Ya, most of the little pumps are pretty quiet. I don't have anything against aeromotive, I just think there are better pumps out there. Truth is if you are making less than 600 horsepower $100 walbro will get it done just fine.

Ya, most of the little pumps are pretty quiet. I don't have anything against aeromotive, I just think there are better pumps out there. Truth is if you are making less than 600 horsepower $100 walbro will get it done just fine.

this pump is good for 1000hp carb and 850hp FI

Thank you all for the input. I will post up what I decide and how it works out.

Well, the faulty pump was a Walboro 322!!!!! Have ordered a Holley pump with same general capacities/specs as the failed Walboro. Should have it back up Thursday night....I hope!

Auto Transport Service
Back