• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ego boost for an old guy.

-Man If I was such hot stuff it wouldn't be a big deal. Now I'm just an old man. I probably do flirt too much with younger women.

Not sure if I posted this before. This was in November at a class reunion. Haven't cut my hair since then. That's my old high school girlfriend on my lap. She's married I'm not.View attachment 1244898 We had fun.
I think my Canadian friends will agree; you look like Scott on Canadian Pickers. You just need a Cowboy hat.

It may hurt to hear it but men in nice clothes will get more attention than the clothes we wear to car shows, the parts store, Home Depot, etc. I notice a big difference in how I am treated from when I am cleaned up vs coming home from work.
A few other observations....
MOST women:
Are not fooled by comb-over hair styles.
Are sensitive to body odor.
Don't like overly hairy men or guys that are hairless.
LOVE confidence.

Here's a great trick. I was at the bank today and the teller was kind of hot. I noticed a couple of hair flips. (You gotta watch for those guys.) After all the business was done I noticed she had some fancy nail polish happening. I stuck out my hand and asked to see her nails. We held hands for a bit while she explained how she just had them done yesterday.

The truth is most women love to flirt.

Yeah - The real truth is most women sense and know when a letch is trying to work them. Me thinks you think of yourself as a legend in your own mind. I’ve seen your pic. Man you ought to take a good look in the mirror and see what the rest of us see. An old creepy man trying to live waaaay in the past. If you think these young ladies have the hots for what they see - wake up - you must be in a deep sleep. I know of no lady out this way that would give you even a first glance before they ran…. Ego is another term of self granulation….

Come on, now...Let up already.
Some women really are interested in older guys. We are from a generation where we fixed things, we had confidence, we knew how to talk to women and we didn't blame others for every obstacle we encountered. Some young women find that attractive. Not all, but some do.
You know that some pretty girls used to sit home alone because no decent guy had the balls to approach them.
Keep in mind.... The OP never claimed to be a cover model for romance novels....
Like it or not, he seems to have some pride and confidence and that often is enough to get the girl.

It may hurt to hear it but men in nice clothes will get more attention than the clothes we wear to car shows, the parts store, Home Depot, etc. I notice a big difference in how I am treated from when I am cleaned up vs coming home from work.
A few other observations....
MOST women:
Are not fooled by comb-over hair styles.
Are sensitive to body odor.
Don't like overly hairy men or guys that are hairless.
LOVE confidence.
Ironically, unavailable married guys seem to be better set up in this department than many, if not most single older males. Example - My wife goes to heroic lengths to clean me up when attending a rare bar association event, and I have been hit on multiple times under these circumstances (though never by younger women, which I chalk up to being almost 70). Never, ever, as you stated, KD, when coming home from work, still covered with traces of hazardous waste. This is also ironic, because in my territory, hazardous waste hauling pays way better than private law practice.

Red Green said it best
"if the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy"
always worked for me!

If I had a dollar for every woman that said NO to me, by now they’d be saying YES.
(Old joke)

Ironically, unavailable married guys seem to be better set up in this department than many, if not most single older males. Example - My wife goes to heroic lengths to clean me up when attending a rare bar association event, and I have been hit on multiple times under these circumstances (though never by younger women, which I chalk up to being almost 70). Never, ever, as you stated, KD, when coming home from work, still covered with traces of hazardous waste. This is also ironic, because in my territory, hazardous waste hauling pays way better than private law practice.
I've been hit on before when in work clothing. Not dirty stinking work clothing but still. Even at 70, there have been women who will at least talk to me. Maybe they think if I'm still active enough to work I'm still active enough to do 'other' events.....?

I joke with my wife, if I have a super power it is the ability to turn women off.

I'm old, fat, bald, and mean looking. That being said, about the only time women (young attractive) will smile at me is when I really let my appearance go. Raggedy clothes, let my hair and beard grow out crazy. In fact the more I look like a psyco the more chicks seem to like me.
Kind of explains how serial killers get their victims.

Okay, let's recap.

I was surprised and pleased a younger woman asked for my number.
Some women like my long hair. I'm sure some hate it.
I enjoy flirting. I don't try to be creepy, just try to be a nice guy.
I was confident enough to throw out a picture of myself. Knowing what would happen.
I would think everyone on this board is somewhat extroverted. We're not driving white Camrys.

What's the fun in life if we can't drive cool cars and flirt with pretty women?

Okay, let's recap.

I was confident enough to throw out a picture of myself. Knowing what would happen.
I would think everyone on this board is somewhat extroverted. We're not driving white Camrys.

Good on ya for taking the high road. Everyone that posts personal info and observations leaves themselves vulnerable to attack. Sometimes an innocent post goes horribly wrong.
But if people don’t post anything there is nothing to read.
Thanks for hanging in there.

Its been a few years, but I was always surprised at the attention I got wearing my Leather riding jacket and a pair of Levi's while on my Harley.... I could be stopped in a turn lane and EVERY woman who drove past waved with a big grin....

Here's a great trick. I was at the bank today and the teller was kind of hot. I noticed a couple of hair flips. (You gotta watch for those guys.) After all the business was done I noticed she had some fancy nail polish happening. I stuck out my hand and asked to see her nails. We held hands for a bit while she explained how she just had them done yesterday.

The truth is most women love to flirt.
Normally I don’t believe stories like this but I married my teller at the credit union. And I didn’t have any money lol

Screen Shot 2022-02-25 at 3.57.42 PM.png

Occasionally a young girl at a fast food drive thru window will say... “I like your car”. Other than that...:(:)

Based on the last couple of threads you started Steve, my guess is you are in bad need of some tail.
Maybe, but I have to admit that Steve's "Best Chest Ever" thread is a great one.

Okay, let's recap.

did she want american exprees or visa number? probably didn't give a receipt!

Come on, now...Let up already.
Some women really are interested in older guys. We are from a generation where we fixed things, we had confidence, we knew how to talk to women and we didn't blame others for every obstacle we encountered. Some young women find that attractive. Not all, but some do.
You know that some pretty girls used to sit home alone because no decent guy had the balls to approach them.
Keep in mind.... The OP never claimed to be a cover model for romance novels....
Like it or not, he seems to have some pride and confidence and that often is enough to get the girl.
My wife always says there are only two things that attract younger women to older men, power and money. Unfortunately I have neither.

Auto Transport Service
Back