• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Electric bulkhead bushing?

SMS68

Local time
10:47 AM
Reaction score
Spent a sunny day cleaning up the dash harness for my ‘71 RR. Everything is in great shape except the plastic spacer or bushing that sits between the actual bulkhead connector and the firewall. The tabs are a little chalky.

Has anyone found that reproduced/sold by anyone? All the stuff I find is the bulkhead connector WITHOUT that piece.

BC807D6F-5D90-4E2A-A5CB-7735AB5999E6.jpeg

Last edited:
Detroit Muscle Technologies has them and a top notch vendor.

Detroit Muscle Technologies has them and a top notch vendor.

I got the gaskets from them, but looking for the molded plastic piece pictured. I didn't find that on their website.

I was thinking the gasket. Only way I can think of getting it would be to get a used or new dash harness. I have an fair 71 dash harness I would donate to your project but the condition is likely no better.

Much appreciated. It's odd that this part is nowhere to be found...seems like it's much more likely to be damaged/deteriorated from exposure in the engine bay. The tabs around the outside edge aren't covered or protected.

I will shoot you a pic in the morning.

Is this the right part? Picture from Dante's seems to include the bushing part:

View attachment 1242978

https://dantesparts.com/i-30499595-mopar-bulkhead-connector-1970-1974-e-body-1971-1974-b-body.html

Never ordered from Dante's myself but other places seem to want a lot more money...

I also have a used spare but like T2R9 says it's probably not much better than yours. Good luck!

Unfortunately no. That's the bulkhead connector with the gasket...but there is a spacer/bushing that then goes in between the part pictured and the firewall...my original post shows the spacer. Thanks though. I did message Dante's to see if they have that part.

I learn something about these cars every day. I'll take a better look at my car and spare parts tomorrow.

@SMS68 Here is the one I have. Kinda yellowed. Your welcome to it if it helps.

IMG_2122.jpg
IMG_2123.jpg

@SMS68 Here is the one I have. Kinda yellowed. Your welcome to it if it helps.

Very kind of you! I think I’ll hold out and try to find a repro, if anyone is making them. Maybe we need to fire up a molding/3d printing business lol.

My spare bushing looks maybe as good as the one T2R9 posted and nowhere near as clean as the picture of yours. I'm surprised these aren't easier to find since B, C and E Body use the same connector. If it was mine I would grind out the chalky bits and put some white JB Weld or something similar on it, sand it and put it back. I don't think you can see it very well once it's in place and the only ones that will know are you and anyone who looks at this thread! In any case, it looks like a really good candidate for 3D printing. Good luck!

As far I know when getting a full underdash harness it gets also that spacer/adaptor to the firewall, so they must be made by somebody, just not being sold separatelly?

Contacted Dante’s about the spacer and they’ve never even heard of such a thing. Maybe unique to 3rd Gen B bodies?

B and E bodies are exactly the same piece. If weren't for some diff locations/provisions related to A/C and heater box and some other minor details even the firewall would be the same.

Some ppl don't even now bulkhead also holds the fusebox making everything one piece assembly

The new harness is made by M&H so they have a source for the new fitting. Their harnesses are sold exclusivity through Year One and Mega Parts. Might have some luck contacting Mega Parts and see if they can get it. Maybe would have to get the whole bulkhead fitting. I don't think Year One would help, maybe M&H directly but they are strictly wholesale as far as I know.

The new harness is made by M&H so they have a source for the new fitting. Their harnesses are sold exclusivity through Year One and Mega Parts. Might have some luck contacting Mega Parts and see if they can get it. Maybe would have to get the whole bulkhead fitting. I don't think Year One would help, maybe M&H directly but they are strictly wholesale as far as I know.

That’s good Intel. I’ll see what I can dig up! Thanks.

Megaparts crew/owner is really helpfull... forget about YO

Classic Industries also sells M&H harnesses. Dunno if straights from manufacturer or from the other sellers

I messaged M&H directly. We’ll see if they respond.

Dante’s said they’d never heard of it so I sent them pictures and they said they’d never noticed. LOL

Auto Transport Service
Back