• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

electric cut outs product review

shag766

Local time
8:52 PM
Reaction score
anybody thinking about putting elec cutouts on, should heed this review.
i purchased 2 sets last fall for 2 seperate projects. one set was doug's and the other was pype's. the dougs i put on the hemi and pypes was put on another car. they both were installed this spring and i can't get the pypes to stop leaking. the dougs were put on my hemi and work great. i called pypes about the leaking problem and they gave me instructions on how to maybe fix the problem, not. i just spent the morning working on it till i got pissed off and still not fixed. the is no comparison in the quality and the design between the 2 sets with dougs being far superior.
be your own judge on this. don't say you haven't been told.:angry9: rick

ps; i can see the pypes going to a swap and a new set of dougs purchased:headbang:

I fitted the Summit 3" cutouts last year. A few months ago one started leaking and wouldn't close fully. I removed it, stripped it down and the screws that hold the motor in place had come loose. Screwed it back together using Loctite and it's been fine ever since.
I do find they open slightly after a good run but it's no big deal, maybe it's the vibration. I just hit the switch every now and again to make sure they are closed.

Doug's user here, also on my Hemi. Work perfectly (lots of open and close) for three years now. :happy7:

QTP's. Quick Time Performance. 7 years of flawless performance.

Those QTP's look nice... and they make them in 4" as well.

Attachments

• it fired up 001.jpg
    it fired up 001.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 270
Nice Pipes !!!

I used the old method, just caps that I have to go under and uncap when I feel the need. I want to go electric but I need to know the best product so I don't have problems with leaks and sticking valves. Where did you buy the Doug's and at what price. They really look like a nice installation. Thanks, 383MV

up date

called pypes a while back and chirped and i got the usual reply. "we haven't heard any problems so far" but make sure this there and that is there because some did get out without them. went and looked and the parts were there. called back, "well trrry doing this and that. after pretty much dis-assembling and re-assembling as per their directions they were good for a bit.
Not Now. leaking again. the season is just about over up here and these will be at the spring swap meet, nice and shiney looking. anybody in this part of the world going to the spring swap at stirling ont, don't buy these. lol:angryfire:

Auto Transport Service
Back