• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Electric Mustang SUV?!?

Heck, even Maverick would have been a better name. Putting MUSTANG on a 4dr SUV? Remember the crap Dodge got for the 4dr Charger? Talk about not learning from your competitor's screw up....

hey already have no where to put dead batteries , what the f.... are hey going to do with more .

Heck, even Maverick would have been a better name. Putting MUSTANG on a 4dr SUV? Remember the crap Dodge got for the 4dr Charger? Talk about not learning from your competitor's screw up....

Or the Dodge Daytona pickup with a towel rack over the tailgate.

I think there looking at Mitsubishi that turned there beloved eclipse into a suv! See I get Mitsubishi the eclipse made it's run and couldn't complete with all the newer sports cars !
I loved my eclipses they were all sweet not the fastest things but fun .
I think the eclipse suv is selling quite well!

again.....there will still be an environmental issue once all these batteries come to their end-life. :realcrazy: and yes....the new Mustang looks like **** to me. Why design it to look like a sub compact suv...:fool:
Those batteries don't just go to the landfill. Once they've dropped by enough percentage points that they aren't good enough for a car, they can still be used as stationary storage batteries for businesses and people using solar collectors or as back-up power. A completely dead battery is still valuable, the lithium is recoverable and reusable. Two companies in Canada (Lithion, and Li-Cycle) are recycling almost all of the components in batteries they receive.

Maybe they DID learn from when the sporty 1957 Thunderbird two seater went to a boxy 1958 four seater and sales tripled. :)

Maybe they DID learn from when the sporty 1957 Thunderbird two seater went to a boxy 1958 four seater and sales tripled. :)

How well do you think the T Bird went have went over as a 4 door electric 4wd SUV? Might have done OK. I am just talking about putting a well known and popular name on a completely different type of vehicle. I bet the Mustang lovers are gonna be more pissed off than the Mopar guys were about the 4 door Charger when it came out.

What's in a name?
If they would have called it something like Volt we wouldn't be hearing a thing about what it was named and all about the car's features.
As for the Charger making it a four door hasn't seemed to hurt sales at all.

What's in a name?
If they would have called it something like Volt we wouldn't be hearing a thing about what it was named and all about the car's features.
As for the Charger making it a four door hasn't seemed to hurt sales at all.

Only reason the Charger sells so well. Is so the wife can make sure kids can be transported easily and it still gives the husband some peace of mind knowing he can still burn up the streets.

I made sure my wife got a more door car. But I wont let her drive my 2 doors around beings she was such a bag back in the day. :D

20191119_120132.jpg

But Charger sales are still good after how many years?
And if two doors were so important people would buy Challengers and not Chargers.
Its just a name. Would it be better if they had called it a Coronet?

The Challenger of the 80s was a rebranded Mitibishi just like the Ram 50, Stealth, and others.
The Raider p/u is a Dakota.
What's in a name?

they'll slap that name on almost anything it seems

Smiley Barfing.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back