• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

electrical/dash guage problem help needed

badblack68

Local time
3:28 PM
Reaction score
A new problem showed up on my 68 Charger. My fuel guage, water temperature guage and oil pressure guage work fine until I turn on my headlight switch. When I do, those three guages peg themselves. Before digging into it has anyone expirienced this before? Is it a headlight switch problem, dash dimmer switch problem, or a problem with the plug in voltage limiter on the back of the guage panel? I'm not the greatest when it comes to these types of problems and any help or suggestions would be helpful. Thanks

Remove the instrument panel "light" fuse in fuse box and try again, suspect possible gauge cluster circuit board short.

Remove the instrument panel "light" fuse in fuse box and try again, suspect possible gauge cluster circuit board short.

Agree......If you pull that fuse and still have the problem keep pulling fuses one at a time until it go's away. It's just a process of elimination.

Auto Transport Service
Back